𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡

VINNIE PICKED UP HIS PHONE FROM HIS NIGHTSTAND, SCROLLING THROUGH HIS CONTACTS UNTIL HE FOUND YOURS. it had been a year since the accident, and his heart was still in pieces. the last time y'all saw each other, you fought, ending with you walking out the door to cool down, like always.

he pressed play on your year old voicemail, inhaling deeply as her favorite sound rang through his ears; your voice.

i- i know, i'm sorry. i can be a hypocrite. i got stuff to work on, you got stuff to work on, but, we're gonna... we're gonna make it work... i love you...

he thought about everything you'd been through. your first date, first kiss, first time. it felt like just yesterday he had bumped into you on the worst day of his life; which, ironically, turned into the best.

things got rough, but all relationships had their bumps and sharp turns. and the strong ones knew how to get through it.

the last thing vinnie ever said to you was that he hated you, and he wished you would vanish.

"okay," you said bluntly, though those words broke your heart in two. "you want me to vanish?"

"more than anything in this world," he spat at you angrily.

you nodded your head, grabbing your phone, car keys, and house keys before turning back towards vinnie. you wiped your tears.

he isn't worth it, you thought, but you knew that was just an excuse so you didn't cry any more tears over the one you loved the most.

"consider me vanished," you whispered, slamming the front door and making your way to your car, eyes blurred with tears.

he didn't mean what he said, you meant the world to him. and he knew you didn't mean what you'd said either, he meant the world to you. so how the hell did it end up like this?

you drove to your spot about an hour ago, needing to clear your thoughts. you didn't really believe she didn't love you anymore, it was just he was always so busy. you felt neglected and as selfish as it was, you wanted him all to yourself.

it felt like the only time you two really spoke was when your friends were around, under forced circumstances.

you sighed, realizing this was just the cherry on top of the list of pointless arguments you and vinnie had been having recently.

you scrolled through your contacts until you found his name. you smiled at the contact name as tears spilled from your eyes.

my end game 🖤, it read. you clicked on it, bringing the phone up to your ear and, as expected, listening to the rings of the phone until the automated voice came in instead of vinnie's.

you left a message, hoping that he would have listened to it by the time you got back home before getting back into your car, heading back to him.

he replayed that morning in his head every single day. he hated doing it, but it's like his brain was forcing him to relive the pain.

vinnie woke up the next morning, his throat dry and eyes red from all his crying. he turned to the side, his gaze falling on the empty bed space, not that it was unusual. you'd been sleeping on the couch every since the fights had gotten so bad.

he sighed, pushing himself up from the bed and dragging his tired body out of the bedroom to find you and apologize for the things he said but didn't mean.

but a wave of confusion hit him when he couldn't find you on the couch, or in the kitchen, or anywhere for that matter. there was no trace of you or your car keys, phone, and/or house keys.