𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝'𝐯𝐞

tw! mentions of suicide

i should've kissed you longer. i should've held you tighter. i should've loved you harder.

+

"vincent cole, don't you dare," you threatened emptily, shielding yourself behind the couch.

"or what, baby?" vinnie smiled evilly, taking slow, daunting steps toward you.

"or...or," you stuttered, trying to come up with something off the top of your head.

"take your time, mi amor," he teased, coming closer.

you glared at his childish dig but could say nothing in return.

"vinnie," you mumbled warily.

he gave you no more time to defend yourself, jumping around the couch and pulling you into him. you screamed, feeling his fingers poke and prod at your hips, squeezing and pushing.

"vinnie- vinnie, stop!" you yelled through your laughs.

+

i should've loved you harder. i should've given you more gifts. i should've told you how beautiful you were more often.

+

"y/n," vinnie whispered, shaking you softly in bed. "y/n, wake up."

"hmm," you groaned, stirring. "what vinnie?"

he rolled his eyes. "don't sound so annoyed, it's one pm."

"it's saturday," you whined.

"saturday's are special days," vinnie mumbled, beginning to kiss your neck.

"yes, they are," you sighed, running your fingers through his hair. vinnie hummed, wrapping his arms around your waist and hugging you tightly to him. but he grunted when you tugged on his hair harshly, grumbling into your room, "because they're the days you're supposed to let your girlfriend sleep in."

"well, i was just trying to be nice and give my pretty girl a present," he sighed, pushing up from the bed.

"why? we agreed no more presents," you cried.

"no," he shook his head, extending the end of the word like a child. "you said no more presents, i didn't agree to shit."

"ass," you murmured under your breath, pushing up to sit in bed because there was no chance you were getting back to sleep now.

"mhm," he hummed. "i'm an ass, yeah yeah, whatever, open the damn present."

you rolled your eyes, unwrapping the paper over a small box and throwing it somewhere on the bed.

tiffany & co., the small box had over the top. "vinnie," you mumbled.

"open it," he urges impatiently.

you huff out a harsh breath, using shaky hands to remove the lid. within was a delicate, beautiful gold ring. looped together in a pretty oval, with lines connecting the perimeter, and no diamonds because vinnie knew you'd never wear something with so much sparkle.