𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐨

tw! kidnapping, murder, gorry descriptions, and romanticizing of abuse
poc!

he'd been watching her for weeks, months. he believed himself to know everything about her. he knew her favorite food and something as unnoticed as her favorite number. he knew the things that made her smile, and he knew the things that made her cry. he knew she wanted kids, and that her parents didn't want her.

he felt sorrow for the poor girl, one so lost on love that she brought herself upon bad relationship after bad relationship. she was a hopeless romantic, and he was simply hopeless.

hopelessly obsessed with her beauty, with her voice, with her mind, with everything she was.

so that's what led him to finally speak to her, to see if she was truly worth his interest.

he watched attentively as she searched her purse for an extra few dollars. he could feel the energy people had slowly formed into that of a negative one, and by the looks of it, she could too.

she was only trying to buy a coffee, the poor thing, to prepare her for a long day at her internship that gave her no pay.

suddenly, she felt the presence of someone behind her, reaching forward to offer five fresh dollars to the cashier.

"oh, please don't," she whipped around, rightfully taken aback by his breathtaking beauty. "i um," she stumbled over her words. "i..."

"it's okay," he shrugged, smiling charmingly down at her small person.

"but i-"

"don't argue," he chuckled. "just tell me your name, and maybe even throw in your number, and i'll be on my way."

the blush that coated her chocolate skin was faint, and she was so thankful to be black in that moment. though, she could do little to hide the way her breath caught in her throat.

"i'm," she started, huffing out a deep breath to try and grab her barrings once more. "i'm taitu."

his grin widened, showing his pearly whites that nearly lit up the room. "vinnie."

+

vinnie did, indeed, get her number. but it wasn't like he really needed it - as i stated before, he believed himself to know everything about her. 

he texted her later that same day when he knew she was home because he was there too, watching her giggle and smile over his words through her window.

he asked her to coffee, and she agreed.

god bless her, she hadn't the slightest idea of the pure danger she was in.

they met the next morning on her day off. they talked, and talked, and bloody talked. until vinnie really did know everything about her.

and their precious dates continued, from take-out at her place, to dinner and a movie, to a frat party they snuck into and lost themselves in. that is, until vinnie finally asked her to be his girlfriend. and the poor, hopeless, stupid girl agreed, without a second thought.

because taitu was in love. but vinnie, vinnie was infatuated. 

"taitu!" vinnie called when he made it to her place.

"in here, my love!" her honey voice yelled back, voice echoing out of the washroom.

"hmm," vinnie hummed sweetly at the sight before him, the sight of his lovely girlfriend wrapped snuggly in a white towel, her voluminous curls dripping wet, little droplets of water slowly trailing down her collar bone and farther. he came to stand behind her, wrapping his arms possessively around her waist and pulling her into his chest. "hello darling."