𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞

YOU WERE LYING IN BED, YOUR PHONE SITTING ON YOUR CHEST WITH YOUR HANDS RE-ENFORCING THE GRIP AS YOU LISTEN TO CHANDELIER BY WILL PAQUIN WITH YOUR HEADPHONES. you were zoned out, staring up at your ceiling as you thought about absolutely nothing yet somehow your mind was still running at a million miles per hour. the room was dark, the only light coming from the full moon high in the sky that in particular night. you were broken out of your senseless trance by a shadow blocking the minimal light shining in your room.

your head turned to the window, where you spotted vinnie hacker. he was crouched down on your roof, his knuckle lightly tapping the glass. you did a quick once over of his body; he was soaked, and only now, when your headphones were moved to the side and you weren't consumed in a pointless void of confusion, did you realize it was pouring rain outside.

you pushed yourself up from your bed, crawling over to your window and opening up the colorless glass.

"hi," you whispered.

"hey," he whispered back.

you moved to the side, silently inviting vinnie into your room, but he didn't budge. you shot him a confused look as he stared down your comforter. 

"vin—"

"come on a walk with me?" he asked, though his tone was more of a statement than a question.

"vinnie, it's pouring rain." your eyebrows creased when vinnie looked up at you, and his hand unconsciously came up to run his index finger across your adorable crinkle, fixing your confused look.

"yeah, well— i didn't really think this through," vinnie muttered more so to himself than you as he looked down once more, letting his hand drop with his gaze. you smiled softly at his untimely manner.

you took off your headphones completely and set them on the bed before grabbing your phone from the spot you had once laid in.

"move, vin."

the messy haired boy did as he was told, giving you space to crawl onto the roof and out of your room. he gently grabbed your waist, making sure you didn't fall or anything as you came from inside your room.

when your were finally on the roof, kneeling as vinnie was, you were much closer to vinnie then you thought. you didn't dare move, staring deep into each others eyes as if trying to find answers to so many unknown questions.

"is this my shirt?" vinnie asked, his voice never going above the hum of a whisper. his grip slightly tightened around you, filling your body with warmth in the cold weather as your breath hitched.

you nodded your head, unable to speak verbally in that moment.

vinnie smiled gently at your flustered state. "c'mon."

vinnie climbed back into your tree house first, holding his hand out to you, once AQ he was settled in a safe position, to help you climb over.

when you had both successfully made it to the bottom of your tree house, you walked down the middle of the street, shoulder to shoulder as you spoke about any and everything.

+

by now the two of you were in the city and it was twelve thirty in the morning. you stopped at a cute ice cream shop, each of you getting a small cup of your favorite ice creams—vinnie paid, no matter how much you protested.

the rain hadn't let up, not that either of you minded.

looking out for you by joy again began to softly play through the city speakers. you smiled, the song was one of your favorites.