1. Maybe He's Just Shy?

I was walking along the outlines of the football field. Cheerleaders were practicing, the stupid beagle dog mascot as bouncing around behind the girls. Football Jocks were practicing with each other. I was just itching to get near the woods to smoke. I'd go to the parking lot and go to my car. By then, Mikey, my younger brother, would be waiting for me.

I walked past the girls and one of them called me a pervert. I laughed to myself a this because I in fact liked men rather than women. The mascot blocked my path and bounced a bit. The man in the suit was Carter, a douchecanoe hockey player.

"Really Geetard?" Carter asked. I kept walking. "Checking out the ladies again? Ya horn dog." Carter snapped.

"Says the one in a dog suit." I replied sassily. Carter punched me hard in the face and shoved me hard onto the ground. I groaned in pain and I could see someone running towards me. I king of blacked in and out, but I managed to see a familiar Ray Toro fro and some black haired kid tackles Carter in opposite directions.

Carter went down and out for the count. Ray got up and he watched the other kid run away. Ray helped me up and Mikey came walking over, he kicked Carter's mascot head. Ray helped me up.

"Thanks dude." I said. Ray pat my back and I groaned wiping a bit of blood off my face.

"Cmon Gee, let's go home." Mikey said. I nodded and looked around for that other kid. I saw him in a cherry blossom tree near the back wall of the school.

"Who was that kid?" I asked. Mikey shrugged. We all made our way to the parking lot.

"I think he's a new kid." Ray said, he was gunna bum a ride.

"It was pretty cool what he did though." I said, we go in my 1980s Cadillac. Mikey sat in the back and Ray sat in the passenger seat. We went to our house and Ray just stayed the night.

______________________________________

The next morning at school, I was walking toward my art class. I saw a guy looking at me from behind a vending machine.

It was the kid from yesterday. (Oh shit..I just realized WE ARE THE KIDS FROM YESTERDAY!) When we locked eyes, he kind of gasped and hid. I walked over to the machine and looked down at him. He was crouched down with his binder beside him he had his forehead against his knees which were pulled to his chest. His arms were wrapped around his waist.

"Uh, hey." I said, I crouched down and touched his shoulder. He flinched and looked at me. His hazel eyes were red and black rimmed. He had a nice face, soft and calm, but he looked so scared. "I, uh, just wanted to say thanks for, uh, yesterday." I said awkwardly. He chewed on his lip ring and looked me up and down.

"I like...Black Flag too." He said nervously, he was picking at his fingers, ripping skin off his knuckles. I realized I was wearing a Black Flag shirt, I smiled.

"That's awesome." I said. "My name is Gerard." I told him.

"Gerard." He said to himself, he looked down and smiled to himself. "Gerard." He repeated. I was slightly confused, but even more when he got up and walked away. I watched him walk and go into the English room.

I sighed and got up, I walked to my art class. I didn't under stand that kid, it was weird. Was he shy?

*******-*************

A/N: yeah! The first chapter. Please tell me Whatcha think? :)

And don't let Ember and her emberlings kills me for writing yet another story!

~I Like Apples!

XoXog