13. A Man In Uniform

"Gerard, you've missed almost a whole month of school." Donna said, her and I were sitting at the kitchen table. Frank was sitting with us. "Same with you, Frank. But you're sick." Donna said.

"I can't leave him alone." I pointed out.

"Gerard, you can't just stop going. You need to go." Donna said, I sighed.

"I already have everything I need to graduate." I said. "I can drop out, but still graduate."

"Gerard, I don't want you to do that." Donna countered.

"I can't leave him alone." I said.

"Please don't let him leave." Frank said quietly.

"But I'm here half the day!" Donna replied.

"I trust Gee more, I'm sorry." Frank mumbled. Donna sighed.

"Fine, I guess you can do whatever you want for school." Donna said giving in.

"I can handle this, Ma." I said, she sighed and nodded. She looked at Frank and smiled.

"How have you been doing?" Donna asked. Frank frowned.

"I wish I was better." Frank said. He sipped some tea that sat in front of him. He stared at the table. "I haven't seen him since yesterday." Frank admit.

"You saw him yesterday?" I asked, he looked scared as he nodded.

"When Carter came up to us, I kept seeing 'Gerard' in Carter's place." Frank answered, he was putting his fingers against the hot ceramic cup. He was chewing his lip.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, my tone was kind of harsh, but Frank flinched.

"Because I knew he's not real. It was Carter, not him." Frank said. "So I didn't say anything." He added. There was a long silence.

"Well boys, you best go off to bed. I'm leaving now, I don't want to be late." Donna said, she kissed both of our heads and then poured herself a thermos of coffee.

Frank and I got up and went to my room. We both settled down in the bed. He was staring at the ceiling, I rolled onto my side to face him.

"So tell me about the 'Gerard' you see." I said, he smirked slightly. He looked at me.

"Well, he was in the military, he used to tell me stories about war when I was younger. He told me about when he lost his brother Michael on a battlefield." Frank began. "He was like an imaginary friend when I was younger, my parents never thought anything of this man in uniform. But, as I grew older, he became meaner and told me wrong things and evil things to do. He would make me harm myself if I refused anything." Frank told me.

"What does he tell you to do?" I asked.

"He's asked me to kill people, steal from people, say things, make me do things." Frank answered. He was chewing on his lips. "He looks like you, and he sounds like you too." Frank said. He turned on his side and he put a hand on my chest.

"I'm not him Frankie. There's a big difference between us." I said.

"What is that?" Frank asked.

"Hallucination and reality." I whispered. He gave me a hesitant smile. I smiled back, he moved closer to me, his lips brushed against my cheek.

"Gerard?" He said.

"Yea?" I replied.

"You are my reality." Frank said quietly. I couldn't stop myself, I pressed my lips against his. I was shocked, he came back with the same force, he actually pushed me until I was on my back. He was leaned over me, his lips working against mine.

I felt him run his tongue along my lower lip. I parted my lips slightly and he pulled away. He sprang off the bed and stumbled until he sat on my desk chair. Frank began coughing heavily.

"Uh, what?" I asked, I go up and walked toward him. Frank was sitting with his knees against his chest. His eyes staring past me.

"Please no!" Frank whimpered, he was shaking, his hands in his hair.

"Frank, I don't understand." I said in a confused tone. His eyes went super vacant.

"Please stop, stop please." Frank said, his words were stringing together. He was shaking harder, tears slipped down his cheeks. "You can't come closer. You're not real! Stop please!" Frank cried. He shook his head. I reached out and placed a hand on his shoulder, he flinched.

"Frankie calm down." I said in a soothing tone, my voice actually cracked near the end. I was nervous.

"You aren't real." Frank cried, he was looking right at me. His hazel eyes going bloodshot. Blood vessels were being strained. He bit down on his lip so hard it drew blood. "Quit saying that you're real. You aren't. Nothing can change that!" Frank said. The dogs were actually getting mad. Vendetta was flapping around Frank, the owl's coos were echoing off the walls.

"Frank, calm down." I whispered. I pulled him against me. My arms wrapped around him, his shivering body slowed. "You're okay." I said. Frank cried into my chest.

I heard a knock on my door, it was Mikey. He walked in. "Gee, I need you now." Mikey said urgently. I put Frank on the bed, Satan calmed him. I left the room and followed Mikey to his room.

"What's going on?" I asked. He un-paused his TV, it was a news report about an escaped mental patient. The patient apparently believed he was in a military unit. They had a photograph of a man who looked just like me, he was in a military uniform. His hair was short and black, bangs were pushed back. Below was a sloppy signature 'Gerard A. W.', supposedly this man was deranged and had stalked a young man named Franklin.

"Oh my god." I said in shock.

"Is he the one Frank sees?" Mikey asked. The 'Gerard' on screen had even been convicted of murder.

"I think so..." I mumbled. I sat on Mikey's bed and paused the TV. I stared at the image, it looked just like me. The same initials too. He looked older than me though. Now...I was freaked out.

"What the hell?!" Frank shouted. He was now standing in the doorway, tears streaming down his face.

********************

A/N: I think maybe you guys thought this would be a somewhat cute or something chappie. Especially when Frank and Gerd kissed :o but nope. And to clear a bit up, Frank freaked out when Gerard and him kissed because in his mind he saw the 'Gerard' he hallucinates.

Shit got real bros.

~If I Fall!

XoXog