Ch24 Battle Gym Leader Raihan

Safe to say you were not in a good mood at all. Any good feelings you previously had coming to Hammerlocke thanks to Mr. Orange Bandanna. Still holding onto Silver you entered the girls tent and inside found Gloria already inside laying on her sleeping bag and watching something on her phone. But she looked up when you came on in cradling Silver in your arms, not that the water type was complaining. He seemed more confused than annoyed as you set him down before plopping yourself on your side of the tent and groaned tiredly. A sigh of relief escaping you as you could finally relax.....For now at least. 

"What happened to ye?," Gloria asked noticing your tired look, "An' what took ya so long?"

You took your time taking off your pack and placing it somewhere before replying, "Sorry. I ran into a ....'problem' I had to work a way out of, but everything's good....For now at least." You pointed at her to change the subject. "Did you get all the supplies?"

"If by supplies ya mean clearin' out the entire vending machine again, then ya!,'' she nodded and you smiled.

"What about the stadium? Get a date for a battle yet?"

She shrugged. "Not sure. Hop said he wasn't in town when he asked so I guess we'll have ta wait."

"Oh he's here alright," you mumbled scowl coming back onto your face as you laid down on the tent floor. Gloria rose a brow at your reaction. The gears turning in her head before it dawned on her.

"Ya saw 'em?"

You huffed crossing your arms as you laid on your side scowling off at nothing as Silver crawled him way over to your backpack without you noticing. "Oh I did MORE than just 'saw him'." You rolled your eyes as gloria set down her phone, turning towards you with an arm supporting her head. "The guy actually tried to score a dumb date out of me!!"

Her brown eyes widened at your words. "NO!"

"YES!!" You flipped onto your back as your hands flew up to rub your face. "He had the nerve to walk up to the stupid table and sit next to me too!" You shivered. "I felt like the canary the cat caught!"

"....The what that caught a what?" You groaned and flopped back down onto the ground. You didn't want to mention the rest as it was embarrassing but Gloria seemed very interested. "What did ya say?"

"NO of course!! He's not my type! Like....At all! I've only met him two times but I already dislike him!"

Gloria seemed gobsmacked. "What? What's there not to like about him?" She asked listing off qualities. "He's strong. He cares about people so much and does so many charity events. Leon speaks very highly of 'em!" Her face blushed a little as she continued but you kinda expected that like a fan gushing about their favorite movie actor. "He's handsome! And...And...And a whole bunch of other stuff!!"

"Well...For one he comes off WAY too strong, and yeah it can be 'confident' but to me it's just too pushy!" You held up fingers as you talked. "He didn't seem to take a hint, I felt like a small sobble under the doofus, and he just....I dunno. Comes off WAY too flashy. Like the whole 'I take selfies a lot' is....not really something I would've looked for in a partner. Not that I am looking for one." You sighed rolling a hand. "I'm a bit focused on traveling at the moment. But even if I was it probably wouldn't be someone so...different. The whole 'opposites attract' thing isn't true for me? I mean there's more  to it than just looks and fame."

Gloria had stared off in thought listening to you and a pause of silence followed before she nodded. "I guess yer right." She shrugged. "Not everyone wants a ton o' eyes on 'em. ...But out of curiousity what would ya want in someone?"