Ch31 The Calm Before The Next Storm

(IMPORTANT UPDATE: Hey everyone. There's been a slight mix up. Instead of Cerulean City the in story city origins for reader or reader's ID I'm replacing it with Lumiose City due to the mix up within the regions they're in. Apologies. Also! If anyone has any questions feel free to ask them and I'll answer them in the comments. Like Ch25 this will just be a mostly filler chapter with most time skipped things before we get to the Post Game events. This will also be separated by months to keep track of time.)

-FEBRUARY- 

You were stunned. Absolutely STUNNED to say the least. 

Piers had looked in you in concern as you stared on in shock as you almost panickily examined the ID card in your hands and the nurse delivered your lunches. It..looked just like your driver's license(one of the few things you had actually wanted to learn without your mother nagging you-) you had left back home minus the fact that you had the pokemon world's region and city on it instead of your town's. Albeit slightly worn and dirty from assumedly being left out in the elements for a while. You then turned to the small bag in front of you the nurse had brought over but other than it being also torn and a bit dirty, nothing was inside it either. It looked just like a plain traveler's bag you'd buy to take on a hike with you. Your confusion only heightened as you ended up blankly staring at the ID card for a long moment. Piers stared at your silence as the TV reporter on screen went on about Leon's winning streak staying in tack for more years to come apparently. 

"Oi. Y/n?" You jumped whipping your head back to Piers as he raised a brow at you. "You 'right there? You're awfully silent all o' all sudden."

"Uh...Y-Yeah." You blinked staring back to Piers for a moment before returning to the ID card..and shrugging. You know what? You've seen too much by now to not be surprised by anything anymore but hey. At least you had an actual ID for anything in case you needed it. You'd relax and figure this out later then. Placing the bag and ID to the side you smiled back to him to ease his concerns. "Yeah. I'm just fine. Just wasn't expecting to see that now of all times I guess."

Piers hummed before nodding. "I suppose when you're chased by corviknight you don't really think about seeing somethin' ya dropped again. Oh. That reminds me." He pointed at you. "Leo gave me a call 'fore his big battle. You're bein' discharged from the hospital first thing tomorrow mornin'."

You perked up. "Wait. Really!?" 

He nodded. "Doc says you're fine and they're releasing us tomorrow since most of the chaos and excitement should be died down soon enough. M' sure your mates will be here tomorrow mornin' ta see ya off."

You smiled wider. You'd get to see the guys again after not seeing them for over a month other than your brief encounter with Victor at Hammerlocke! "That's great! I can't wait to see them again! And you must be excited to see Marnie too huh?"

"Ya ain't wrong." He sighed. "It'll be good ta see her again. ...But anywho. I believe ya were 'bout ta tell me how that dinner you n' your mate attended with Oleana and the Ex-Chairman went."

"Huh? Oh right! Well it was around the time I got finished playing that temporary delivery boy job for the seafood restaurant.  I got back and met up with Gloria near the front of the store before we went inside."