Ch26 The Semifinals

(See if you can spot the Juno song reference. The song lyrics Piers and Marnie sings is from Feel Invincible by Skillet. Link to the song is below. Also apologies for this taking so long to get out, it's a lot longer than other chapters so it took  while. ALSO IMPORTANT! What do you guys want to see Piers and the reader do for Christmas??)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf9NSd_2avA

What felt like a dream was really two days that went by fast. The first day was mostly missed because you fell asleep a little bit after you all got on the train, having been exhausted still from the previous day from all the hard lifting, deep cleaning, and staying up late to pack everything up for your trip in the early morning, AND having been woken up very early in the morning to catch the train. You had fallen asleep just a few minutes after sitting down holding your bag with Silver inside in your lap before waking up around near the end of the day. Thankful the others had just let you sleep for a while. The second day went by as usual and you all were back to traveling as you usually did on these trains. At least it wasn't high in the sky with the windows open like in those Corviknight taxies. Well two days turned into three and three turned into day four as the lot of you were sitting there. Hop was sitting next to you on his phone as you chewed on some kind of trail mix energy bar made of oats and berries to satisfy your hunger. Silver poked his head out from the bag and feeling generous you let him have the rest of the bar before he disappeared back into your bag. You yourself  had just been sitting there until Hop finally spoke up.

"We're finally headed to Wyndon!,'' Hop cheered spooking you for a moment blinking as he continued looking at Gloria, "There's a lot I want to check out there! There's that big tower and the monorail and Wyndon Stadium! Where the whole of Galar....No. The whole world is gonna be watching us!! You get it, right? You and me are gonna make our match the greatest match that ever was!!"

"HECK YEAH!," Gloria agreed totally fist pumping with him!

"What's Wyndon City like anyways?" You couldn't remember it too well from the games.

"Oh! Here!'' Answering your question Hop quickly took his phone and you watched patiently as he tapped the screen a few times before turning it to you and the picture on the screen was what looked like a town square with a corviknight statue. "This is the entrance to Wyndon City! It's the largest City in Galar at five hundred miles and where most of the operations of the League ensue." Five hundred miles!? That was just a little bigger than New York City! He swiped to the next picture which was the base of some building. "And that's Mr. Rose's tower! Where most of the companies he manages operates." Another swipe and this time it was of a GIANT pink stadium! Jeepers! If you thought the Motostoke Stadium was large then Wyndon Stadium was GIGANTIC!! Definitely the kind of stadium a giant city would have. "And that's Wyndon Stadium where the top Challenger will battle against all the gym leaders and then hopefully the Champion!"

"What happens when the top Challenger loses to one of the gym leaders?," you asked as Hop pulled his phone away.

"Then they're out of the challenge for good. And then whoever gym leader wins gets to Battle Lee for the title. And THAT has always been Raihan...And Kabu once I think. And they've always lost to Leon anyways."

Ah! So Gloria would have to remake her way through all the gym leaders again! That part you did remember about the game...Still. You couldn't shake the feeling that you were forgetting something very VERY important..Oh well. No matter anyways. Your journey was almost over anyways.....And somehow that still didn't make you any happier. Well soon after four days turned into seven days and it reached December Twenty Second. And early in the cold morning you were sound asleep leaning against the window clutching silver in your bag when you were again all of a sudden shaken awake roughly by the others for you to get up and reluctantly you did..Again. The sun wasn't even out at this time which meant it must've been very early morning again. You were barely able to heave the heavy bag over your shoulders as the three of them ushered you out the door and into the cold. The feeling of the frost and still falling snow hitting your face immediately made you jolt wide awake now going through the standard train station and then out the doors into a winter wonderland outside. You ended up shivering and pulling your hood over your head, tucking your hair into the hood with it. The others were all bundled up as well looking around as the fairly still early dark morning still blocked their view. Click! You blinked and held up your hand to your eyes as a sudden light hit you all in the form of Victor's flashlight. He shined it around you all before it landed on a road sign with the number ten.