Ch35 Going Home

(When this story is over, how many people would be interested in seeing a Melli x Reader story? Also if anyone is interested would anyone be interested in seeing Piers defend reader? If so how?)

"Piers?"

Standing before you in the Slumbering Weald was in fact, Piers. The guy looked as bored as usual..But what was he doing here?! Next to him was in fact also those two bloody thieves. And next to them, was Leon. Wait...What were ANY of them doing here was the better question but before any of you could say anything Sordward spoke.

"Well, well, well. Now that certainly was a refreshing back and forth, Eh wot?," he asked hands returning to his sides.

"That really touched my heart," his brother added.

"Huh? Sordward and Shielbert?," Sonia asked clearly dumb struck and not sure how to react as you other three either stood there or looked at one another not sure what to say. Her eyes trailing the men that stood before her. "With Piers? And even Lee?" She shook her head not quite believing what she was seeing. "What are you lot doing here?!"

"No need for noisemakery, Young Lady," Sordward scolded her by lifting a finger and wagging it at her (now) scowling face. "We have come to meet with the young party."

"They didn't get the chance to properly apologize yet," Piers explained and you gawked at him as it still confused before he sighed again. "As a part o' their punishment, they're being forced to properly apologize to everyone they wronged in person. We're only half way done. Jus' figured we'd stop by 'ere and get all you lot out o' the way. Magnolia sure gave 'em an earful."

"And I'm here to keep an eye on them," Leon confirmed crossing his arms and giving the two brothers a look. "They did technically descend from the original kings, but that doesn't give them any excuses for what they did." The two nervously fidgeted under the Champion's gaze before he looked back to Hop with that bright smile. "But it seems you lot have been up to all sorts of things while I was stuck in Rose Tower trying to help take care of what Mr. Rose left behind." ..he reached behind his head and rubbed his neck. "And something that's going to be revealed next year. It's still a work in progress."

"You've no idea!," Hop frowned pointing an accusing hand at the brothers. "Those two were forcing pokemon to dynamax all OVER the place!"

"AND!", Shielbert raised a hand cutting Hop off as he glared at the two of them. "For that we are really, truly sorry. Look at our sorriness." He pleased holding a hand to his chest dramatically. "We thought only of ourselves and brought harm to innocent pokemon. We have truly caused a large amount of trouble. You helped us even though we did those awful things. You are so worthy of the throne, you could say it's a dynamax sized amount of worthiness!"

You just...stared. Beside you the guys gave each other a look and you heard and saw Piers give an eye roll and groan.  These guys were sure uh....dramatic with their words. But you guessed getting a dramatic apology was better than none..Maybe?

Sonia sighed and literally facepalmed. "I already told you two. Zacian and Zamazenta are the real royalty."

"Incorrect!," Sordward objected, "We have abdicated the title to them! There are no other rulers!"