chapter ten

Milo stood there, blinking, while Jamie kissed him.

Jamie's lips were unbearably soft, and they moved delicately against Milo's as if he was scared that Milo would pull away at any moment. He stood there, not daring to move a muscle, and let Jamie kiss him. Milo didn't reciprocate in the kiss, something Jamie picked up on after a few seconds. The boy pulled away from lack of response, curbing the kiss at a few short seconds, and met Milo's wild eyes.

Milo couldn't form a sentence, he was bewildered and breathing heavily. He waited for Jamie to speak, though he never did. They stood there in silence, staring at each other, neither of them knowing what to do.

Milo Hayes felt strange when Jamie's lips left his, he felt a swirling, tingling sensation pricking at his skin. Milo Hayes felt giddy.

"I'm sorry," Jamie whispered softly, his British accent rendering Milo's thoughts useless, "I thought—" he cut himself off, eyes brushing the floor in embarrassment.

Milo's heart was beating fast and hard, his lips were tingling when he brought a finger to them. Milo's head was screaming at him to say something, but he couldn't physically form words. Milo's body was glued to the floor and wouldn't allow him to move.

Jamie let out a sad laugh, "I should go. I'll see you tomorrow."

On its own accord, Milo's hand shot out and pulled him back by the sleeve of his jacket. He wasn't sure why he did this; he just knew he didn't want Jamie to leave. At least, not yet.

Milo pulled him closer, letting his heart take control. Milo knew if he listened to his head for even a second, it would talk him out of doing what he was about to do. Tugging the sleeves of his sweater, Milo pulled Jamie's body inches from his own. Jamie bent his head down slightly and waited for Milo to initiate the pending kiss, slowly, excruciatingly, trailing his hand up Milo's arm and hooking it around his neck.

His skin pricked involuntarily at Jamie's touch.

Neither of them said a word, but his heavy breaths and shaking hands told Milo everything he needed to know.

He wanted to kiss Jamie Montgomery again.

And so, he did. Milo tilted his head up and their lips brushed, slowly. Jamie was hesitant in kissing him too passionately, and so he respected Milo's pace with soft little jabs of his chin. With shaking hands, Milo cupped Jamie's cheek and kissed him harder, letting Jamie know he had no intentions of pulling away this time.

Jamie sighed and tugged Milo flush against him, leaving no space between their bodies. Milo wrapped his arms around Jamie's neck as their kiss deepened, playing with the wispy strands of hair on the nape of his neck. Jamie took a firm hold of his hips.

Milo couldn't handle how good Jamie's lips felt against his. It didn't help that Jamie was an insanely good kisser either, Milo just about lost it when he bit his lip, asking for entrance.

"Wait, wait, wait," Milo mumbled, pulling away as his thoughts invaded his head again, and everything came rushing back. Milo almost surrendered again when he saw how Jamie's lips chased his for a moment before fully pulling back.

Jamie kept his hands on Milo's hips, "What?"

"I can't do this," Milo whispered, "I'm not...I'm not..."

Gay.

Jamie's face dropped, "You're not...what?"

"Like that," Milo regretted his choice of words, "I'm not into dudes like that."

"I don't know if you realise this, but... you kissed me back."

Milo furrowed his brows, "That wasn't...what it looked like. My brain went all fuzzy, I wasn't thinking straight."