Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE 

Lionstar climbed out of his nest. His den was in a room that was called a 'closet' according to Thornwhisker. He leaped upon the counter and called a clan meeting,"Let all cats old enough to catch prey gather beneath ColdLedge." he yowled through the house. The prey had long disappeared and the group stirred from the night. "Today,I must appoint a new deputy of DarkClan! I say these words under the warriors of Starclan. Thornwhisker is the new deputy of Darkclan." Thornwhisker's amber eyes widened with shock and happiness. He leaped onto ColdLedge and faced the clan.  

"Thank you,Lionstar. I shall serve DarkClan with every part of my skill and energy until I join StarClan." he announced. He leaped off again,twining his tail with Rippleclaw's.  

"Another announcement. Today, Whitekit and Bramblekit have reached their sixth moon with us. Step forward you two." The nervous kits stepped forward. "Bramblekit,is it your desire to become a full-apprentice of DarkClan?"  

"It is." he calmly replied. His orange eyes betrayed his excitement. 

"Then from this moment on,you will be known as Bramblepaw. Thornwhisker,in Thunderclan, Smallear was your mentor. He taught you patience in battle and gave you your powerful fighting skills. I hope you pass them onto Bramblepaw." The mentor and apprentice touched noses and stood back,blending into the crowd.  

"Whitekit,is it your desire to become a full-apprentice of DarkClan?" 

"It is," she replied excitedly.  

"Then from this moment on,you will be known as Whitepaw. Rippleclaw,in Thunderclan,your mentor was Stormtail. He taught you determination and hunting skills. I hope you will pass them onto Whitekit." The mentor and apprentice touched noses briefly. The meeting broke apart with a flick of his dark orange tail.  

Lionstar leaped down onto the floor and approached Bramblepaw,who was gathered with Firepelt and Whitepaw. "I'm so proud of you," murmured Firepelt to the pair of them. Rippleclaw was busy with Thornwhisker to find the Apprentice Den and build nests for the Clan's newest apprentices.  

Bramblepaw leaped into the air excitedly and Lionstar shoved him playfully with his muzzle.  

With a growl,Bramblepaw hissed and attacked Lionstar. Lionstar fell in mock agony. Whitepaw leaped onto her father's back and Lionstar disappeared under a pile of writhing fur.  

"Whitepaw," Thornwhisker called,"come join my patrol. We're going to do some training." Lionstar sat up,his whiskers twitching in surprise.  

"Where are you training them?" Lionstar questioned.  

"I found a stone hollow yesterday. Me, Firepelt, and the apprentices cleaned up the debris. It's perfected for training. It's over by the river,and it has lots of prey." explained Thornwhisker.  

"Come on!" Bramblepaw shrieked in excitement. Thornwhisker twitched his tail in amusement and led the group to the hollow.  

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< 

So I'm really sorry for the delay. I've been even busier trying to prepare myself for all this stuff. If you guys care, please comment and vote!