Chapter 8

A prod to Cherry's stomach woke her up to the next day. "Is she a new kit? She's too big!" some cat whispered. Cherry blinked blurrily, still not seeing anything except the outline of three kits standing over her.

   "No, she's a kittypet!" the black one announced wisely. "She is joining the Clan and is becoming Lionstar's apprentice!"

   "Lucky! She's a kittypet, but she gets our Clan LEADER as a mentor?" the silver kit whined.

    "Hush now kits. Why don't you go play with Whitepaw? She's staying behind to clean out a room for the Elder's den," Rippleclaw chided, pushing them gently away from Cherry's side, from which they had been jumping upon.

    "I'm going to get there first!" the gray one called from the entrance after dashing away. The silver one and the black one, which Cherry remembered as Silverkit and Shadowkit gave chase.

    "Thank," Cherry groaned as she unsteadily rose to her paws. Cherry swayed to the left and right before shaking her head and seeing straight again.

   "It's no problem. I'm Rippleclaw, you're Cherry right?" was the introduction. Cherry dipped her head and stared at her paws, feeling awkward about how RIppleclaw was treating her.

   "It'll be sunhigh soon....you should groom your pelt," Rippleclaw advised.

    Hurriedly, Cherry licked a paw and drew it over her head. Rippleclaw used her teeth and nipped the strand of moss that lingered on Cherry's shoulder.

    "All the cats old enough to catch prey gather beneath ColdLedge for a Clan meeting!" a voice rang out.

     "As I'm sure you all heard, a kittypet came last night, asking to join us. We have approved and Cherry will join DarkClan," Lionstar announced. "Cherry, do you wish to join DarkClan as a fully-fledged apprentice?"

   "I do," stammered Cherry.

    "Then with the power invested in me by StarClan, I name you Cherrypaw. I have not had an apprentince since ThunderClan. Cherrypaw will be my apprentice!" Lionstar rounded off. He dipped his head to Cherrypaw, who was nudged into delicately touching Lionstar's nose.

    "Cherrypaw! Cherrypaw!" chanted DarkClan, and for a moment, Cherrypaw felt strange until Silverkit came up to her and batted at her stomach. With a playful hiss, Ratkit, Shadowkit, and Silverkit climbed onto Cherrypaw's back, yowling in delight.

     "Silverkit, you and the others should leave Cherrypaw alone!" scolded Firepelt. Silverkit paused, and scampered off with her denmates behind her. "Congratulations Cherrypaw, you're in DarkClan," she purred.

    "Cherrypaw, you're coming to the training hollow withWh me, Rippleclaw, and her apprentice, Whitepaw," Lionstar commanded. Cherrypaw twitched an ear to Firepelt, who ran a tail along her flank, and padded to Lionstar.

   "Come on then!" Rippleclaw called brightly, her tail weaving around in a circle. Whitepaw approached Cherrypaw, evientally full of pride.

     "Hi, I'm Whitepaw, Lionstar's daughter and Rippleclaw's apprentice," she timidly introduced herself.

    "I'm Cherrypaw. I left my mate, Pure, behind in the TwoLegPLace....so tell me about this Clan you're starting?" Cherrypaw inquired, already curious on Whitepaw's plans, and fully prepared to come up with her own special plans.

      "Well, I intend to make friends with the wisest of Thornwhisker's kits because Lionstar is always telling me how brave he is and how wise! Then, I'll need to round up a couple more kits-" Whitepaw explained, but she broke off when they arrived in an empty, grassy clearing.

><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

So.....long time huh? Anyways, comment on your thoughts and/or if you want to add your own SPECIAL cats! I've missed this and two more chapters until something REALLY interesting happens!!!