The Beginning of DarkClan

CHAPTER FOUR

Lionstar awoke in the morning, the windows on the roof of his den shone in light. He shook himself, allowed the moss to fall down, and padded out. He saw the camp bustling with life;Rippleclaw was leading Thornwhisker and Bramblepaw to the borders while Firepelt and Whitepaw went hunting. Lionstar called,"I'll go with you,Firepelt." She nodded and the other group disappeared over a hill.

"Let's break into two groups. I'll hunt with Whitepaw while you hunt on your own. With three cats will be too loud." suggested Firepelt.

"Indeed," Lionstar agreed steadily. After a while, they arrived back into Camp at sunhigh. Rippleclaw was standing by, talking to her apprentice, when she spotted Lionstar. She bounded over in a few strides.

"Can I talk to you in private?" she inquired.

" Of course. But, let us discuss this inside my den." they padded together into the closet, lying in the cool shade. "What is it that you need?"

"I-I'm having kits." Rippleclaw murmured. "But I don't wish to be relieved of my warrior duties. I want to find a way to have my duties, because I know that I'll be alone in the den and I would drag Firepelt with me."

Lionstar nodded slowly," I know what you mean. But luckily, Firepelt still has milk on her. You can leave your kits with her." Rippleclaw's eyes widened in joy and nodded enthusiastically. "Is that all?"

"Yes, that's it." Rippleclaw dipped her head down and left to inform Firepelt and Thornwhisker the great news. Lionstar settled down for a nap before waking up at moonhigh to guard the camp.