Chapter Ten

(Whitepaw's P.O.V)

"Hey Whitepaw!" Rippleclaw called from the entrance of the den, which was made of a lumpy, cushioning square with cotton in it.

"Yes?" Whitepaw replied sleepily.

"You're on dawn patrol with Firepelt, Silverkit, and Thornwhisker right now!" Rippleclaw mewed.

"Why do we have to take Silverkit," she grumpily replied.

"Silverkit will become our medicine cat, so don't be so disrespectful!" Rippleclaw yowled, but composed herself. "Hurry along." With her grumbling subsiding, Whitepaw stalked outside.

"Hey," greeted Thornwhisker after flicking his tail along Silverkit's flank. She purred and rubbed her face alongside her father's.

"Good morning, Whitepaw," Firepelt greeted, licking her between the ears. "Let's go," she turned to the rest of the patrol and led them outside. There, she met a panting Mossheart. "Go on ahead," she whispered to the patrol and they bound away, except for Whitepaw who lingered behind a fir tree.

"Mossheart, is that you?" she hears Firepelt cry out. "It's me, Firepelt! What are you doing here?"

"Crookedstar chased me out after he discovered what I had done, so I came here, asking to join your Clan?" she heard a gentle voice reply.

"Of course you're welcome! Though you might as well join me for dawn patrol, I'm going to fetch Hawkheart. Firepelt pratically replies.

"Fetch him,why?" the voice Whitepaw assumes is Mossheart questioned.

"Oh,Cherrypaw, our newest apprentice, is ill, so we need professional help."

"Ah, of course," Mossheart approved.

"Whitepaw, I can scent you there!" Firepelt yowled, and a loud set of paws started towards Whitepaw. She tumbles just as a white tom race towards her, and passes, blinking with his clear blue eyes.

"Mossheart!" he yowls.

"Frost?" she mewed, worriedly.

"Frost?" came Firepelt's question.

"He's a rogue who is my mate," Mossheart mutters quickly.

"Firepelt!" a soft, kit voice squeaked. Whitepaw turned, finding Silverkit limped threw the ferns. "We've found two cats from WindClan who wants to join us!'

"Who?" came Firepelt's mew.

"It was Goldenwing and Leafclaw," she replied.

"Well, take them with us then," Firepelt finally decided after a moment hestiation.

><><><><><>><>><><<>><<><>><<><><><><><><><><>><><<><><><><>><<><><>><<><>><<><>

SO SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING! Dealing with depression :(

Anyways, sorry if it is rushed, I really had to do something.