The Beginning of DarkClan

CHAPTER SEVEN

After Lionstar had left the TwoLegPlace with Rippleclaw and Bramblepaw in tow, he smelled a new scent, belonging to a kittypet. For some reason, Lionstar didn't stop. Instead, he continued back to camp.

"Lionstar, how was your patrol?" greeted Thornqhaiker.

"StarClan gave us safe passage....Though....we had to rescue Scoruge from the claws of a fox." replied Lionstat. His mate, Firepelt, skidded out of the Nursery in pursuit of a silver tabby kit.

"Silverkit, get back here!" she growled. A darker black kit trampled out of the Nutsery.

"Silverkit is always running away," he remarked.

"Shadowkit, you and Silverkit should be asleep with Ratkit. Now, go back and test," Rippleclaw scolded.

"But we were listening to a story about the ancient Clans!" Silverkit protested. But when Rippleclaw growled loudly, she whimpered and retreated to the Nursery with her brother in tow.

"Those kits," Firepelt panted. When she had caught her breath back, she explained,"one minute, I'm teing bow courageous LoinClan is. The next, Silverkiy is running, yowling her head off about bow she is going to be as fast as CheetahClan."

"They're kits. Bramblepaw and Whitepaw once did that, remember?" Lionstat reminded. "Rippleclaw, get some rest. I want you, Bramblepaw, and Thornwhisker to check out the border." Rippleclaw dipper her head and padded away.

"There's an intruder," Thornwhisker hissed suddenly.

"What?" Firepelt whispered back.

"Act natural. I'm going to jump out of a window and surprise them round back," Lionstar calmly commanded. Louder, he yawned,"I'm exhausted. I'll see you in the den later, Firepelt?" The duo nodded earnestly and continued talking about their days. Lionstar went into his den and leaped ever gracefully out of the window. In a few heartbeats, he spotted a orange, white-patched kittypet who was staring awestruck into the camp with her vivid green eyes. As Lionstar creeped forward, he heard a part of Firepelt's and Thornwhisker's conversation.

"StarClan has blessed us with kits," Thornwhisker purred warmly.

"Indeed, but Whitepaw seems certain that she won't find a mate. She is intent on creating her own Clan just like her father. But I told her that StarClan controls her destiny," Firepelt added.

"StarClan? What utter rubbish," Lionstar heard the kittypet mutter. With a yowl of fury, Lionstat bunched his muscles and raked his claws on the side of the kittypet. Thornwhisker rushed out of the camp with his claws extended. "Lemme go!" the kittypet squirmed under Lionstar's large paw.

"Answer some questions first, then we will decide if we do," Lionstar bargained.

"I just wanna join your Clan!" the kittypet whispered. "I know I'm leaving my mate, Pure, but I need to do this," she added to herself.

"Just kill her!" a voice whispered in Lionstar's ear. It was Scrouge's father, Bonebreaker. He was in ShadowClan and was one of Lionstar's mentors.

"Interesting," Thornwhisker murmured when Lionstar shot him a glance. Lionstar twitched hisrar to the kittypet. "I think we should try her out."

"What's your name?" Firepelt inquired kindly as she help to patch the kittypet up.

"I-I-It's Cherry," she stammered, probably surprised at how Firepelt was treating her.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Dramatic yet? I intend to have the next part of this chapter based on Cherry's POV. So....more information about Lionstar's past? I hope with the clue I leave in the story, that you will piece it together and if you haven't by the end of this book, PM me and I'll write a Special Edition of Lionstar's past. And by the way, I intend to continue this book :$