Chapter 14

Author’s Note:

Hey guys! J, I’m keeping my word and uploading this today. So, today is my last day of adding new characters for this book, once I write the second book, I would need like a LOT more characters and I need some main characters too! So, read on, and I think that this book will be over with by the time school starts again (August 26th I think).

Chapter 12

Lionstar led Bramblepaw through the Mothermouth, and stopped at the entrance to Moonstone. He turned, and quietly said, “I’m going to sleep by the Moonstone, and it must be quiet or the ritual will be ruined. Wait for me to awake, and feel free to sleep if you desire to before we leave.” And with those last words, he stepped forward, and Bramblepaw stared with awe at the shining stone. It glittered silver, and with the light, even Lionstar’s pelt looked silver, and that was saying something.

“Is it time yet?” Bramblepaw breathed, still looking at the giant stone, and finally noticed the giant hole above it, where the light shone through.

“It is,” Lionstar said, and he stepped closer to the Moonstone, lying down on the cold cavern floor and his nose briefly touched the Moonstone, and Lionstar was whisked away to StarClan’s hunting grounds.

“Lionstar,” a female cat spoke, and Blossomflower stepped out. Lionstar raced forward, and nuzzled his mate’s mother. “Lionstar, there is a new prophecy,” she repeated.

“What?” Lionstar shot up, shocked.

“Yes. ‘The darkest ravens have the purest hearts, but the fang control the fire,” Blossomflower explained.

“What fang?” Lionstar asked, but Blossomeflower began fading away. “Blossomflower!” he shouted, and she disappeared. Lionstar sat up, and stared at the Moonstone, before looking over at his son. Except…his son was fast asleep and was prowling StarClan’s hunting grounds.

Lionstar sat there, his tail wrapped around his paws, and watched his son’s steady breathing.

<BRAMBLEPAW’S P.O.V.>

“Wow, StarClan’s hunting ground is beautiful,” Bramblepaw muttered, padding around and looking at every new thing with interest. He stopped at a meadow, and fell on his back, looking up at the star-filled night sky.

“Welcome to StarClan’s hunting ground, little one,” a warm voice mewed out behind him. “You look so much like your mother.”

“Huh?” Bramblepaw said, turning around completely to find a cat that was a gray pelted cat.

“I am Waterstone,” she replied, and her eyes twinkled. “I was a former friend of your mother, Firepelt.”

“Really?” Bramblepaw asked, his eyes widening in surprise.

“Yes,” she replied. “But I’m here to tell you something.”

“What is it, Waterstone?” Bramblepaw asked, worried.

“Thorns dig deep into brambles, water cleaning the fang. The fang rules all,” Waterstone recited.

“Thorns, fangs, brambles?” Bramblepaw repeated, and then Waterstone faded with a couple of parting words.

“I’ll visit you in your dreams, Bramblepaw.” With those words, she disappeared and Bramblepaw was sucked out of StarClan’s hunting grounds. Once he awoke, he found his father sitting close to the exit of the Moonstone.

“Sorry, father,” Bramblepaw apologized at once.

“It’s alright son, I don’t mind that much,” Lionstar replied, and he stood up, and made his fur lay flat again on his stomach. “Let’s go home,” Lionstar added, “I think your den-mates are missing you by now.” With his eyes teasingly twinkling, he led Bramblepaw out of there.