Chaapter !$(a.k.a 14) XD

Author’s Note:

I’m sorry that I can’t read your stories, but my internet is all messed up on my IPod, so I can’t really read it and I can’t comment and everything. Sorry about that!

Chapter 14

A moon later, Lionstar was padding along the Twoleg border followed by his patrol. He was joined by his apprentice, Cherrypaw, Rippleclaw, and Whitepaw. He continued only the way, stopping to sniff for new scents, but the prey scent was very thin here.  “Why are we patrolling this?” Rippleclaw inquired, clearly wanting to go back to her kits.

“We have to because of the rogue scents Thornwhisker detected,” Lionstar irritated reply came. “You might as well go hunting,” he addressed Cherrypaw and Whitepaw, who dashed away through the ferns.

<Cherrypaw’s P.O.V>

‘I’m so glad that Whitepaw is my friend,’ she thought. The last moon, they had spent a large time together, because Bramblepaw was always padding after his father, but Lionstar was always too busy to talk to him. Rippleclaw always got chosen to go on patrol with Lionstar, for some odd reason.  

The duo went walked to a meadow, where Cherrypaw sniffed for some scents. There were a faint fox scent, a rabbit scent, but there was mostly a strong scent of a slightly familiar scent. She looked at Whitepaw who nodded, and they separated. Whitepaw padded over to the bush where a rabbit darted out. She pounced on it and a gush of warm blood squirted out of the neck. Cherrypaw shivered, and slowly inched towards the tree, where she smelt the strongest scent.

<Unknown P.O.V> (This will be easiest written in 1st Perspective, sorry if I mess you guys up)

I saw in the tree, watching Cherry and this other white cat hunting. I shivered in disgust when as I watched the white one took down a rabbit. As the blood gushed out, I spat quietly on the ground in disgust. I heard a leaf crackle beneath me, and I stiffened. Suddenly, my tail was yanked and I toppled out of the tree. I shouted, “argh!” as I landed on the ground.

“Pure?” came her familiar questioning voice.

“The one and only,” I purred.

“What are you doing here?” growled her friend.

“Whitepaw, this is Pure. He’s my mate,” Cherry mewed quickly.

“I’m going to get Lionstar, see what he sees about this,” Whitepaw yowled over her shoulder, and she quickly padded out, leaving me and Cherry alone.

“Cherry, I’ve miss-” I began, but she interrupted.

“Whitepaw! Come back,” she yowled, trying to catch up with her friend.

“Cherry, I’ve missed you,” I mewed quickly, talking to her before she had left me.

“I’ve missed you too,” she murmured, and we touched noses. I stepped back, and looked at her. Her scent had taken on a stronger, thick smell that made her smell very different. The scent made me sick, kinda. I looked at her pelt, and I saw that the white patch on her shoulder had disappeared a bit, and was replaced by a long faded scar. She sat down and I licked her shoulder blade, on the scar.

“What happened to you, Cherry?” I murmured.

“It was just an accident in the training hollow. It’s nothing serious, Pure. But, my new name is Cherrypaw,” Cherry, err- Cherrypaw, muttered, and she nuzzled my shoulder. I suddenly heard a loud crack! behind us, and I jumped. I turned to find giant ginger cat padding towards us.

His loud mew rumbled, “So Cherrypaw, you have a mate.”

“Yes,” she mewed, not looking at him directly.

“It’s alright, Cherrypaw,” Lionstar replied, laughing. “Now, tell me, what is your name?” he addressed me.

“Pure,” I stared him down, determined.

“Good, but I must hurry back to my Clan, so Rippleclaw, finish the patrol and let Pure join you,” Lionstar ordered. “Unless you don’t want to join us?” I nodded hurriedly, and pressed my side against Cherrypaw’s and Lionstar darted off through the two oaks and pass the hollow that was there.

<Whitepaw’s P.O.V>

‘I can’t believe that Cherrypaw has a mate,’ I thought sourly. ‘Another asset ruined.’ Whitepaw sighed, before padding besides her mentor. “Do you think that Lionstar will accept Pure?”

“I think he will, because he has to,” Rippleclaw explained quietly, as she padded farther along the border. Eventually, she stopped at the pine tree. “Let’s head back to Camp,” she said, before she flicked her tail and quickly padded off in the direction of the camp. Whitepaw still had an annoyed air, but she followed her mentor willingly. Suddenly, an overwhelming scent washed over the group and Whitepaw gagged. “Fox!” Rippleclaw gasped, before the tawny pelt swarmed in their eyesight.

The fox growled at the group, and snapped at Cherrypaw with its sharp teeth. “Run!” Whitepaw gasped, before the fox tackled her down. She squirmed underneath it, and the fox jumped as she ran her claws through its leg. Cherrypaw and Pure disappeared, evidently running back to the Camp as Rippleclaw watched horrified. The next second, however, she had leapt onto its back, tearing into the neck. The fox snarled and shook her off. In the next second, Whitepaw was thrown against a tree, knocked unconscious.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

Author’s Note:

Hey guys :D I hope this chapter is great for Warriorgirl13 J If I made this weird for you, just tell me in a private message so I could change it for you.

Anyways, sorry if I don’t upload enough for you guys, my fans, but I have other books I have to worry about too <3

B-BAAAAIII