Two

I honestly keep forgetting it's freshers week. 

Like yes, I know it's my first week here but I keep forgetting what that includes. 

Mum left shortly after I unpacked and I instantly began missing her, wanting to call her up and beg her to bring me back home but I get dragged to the cafe by Zayn to grab some lunch for our flat, bringing it back with us and all of us eating in the front room, watching free view telly which is honestly just a load of shit. 

It's time to go to the second day of freshers fayre (I may or may not have missed the first one but Anne-Marie gave me a run down of the clubs and thankfully, none of them are anything I would've done anyway). 

"Lou, hurry up! We're all waiting for you!" Zayn bellows, standing by the door, watching me zip up my brown boot.

I grab my bomber jacket, shucking it on as it's chilly outside. Louis bombards into the room, grabbing his VANS shoes. 

"Alright, give me a minute, honestly," Louis snaps back, tying his shoe laces up. He's now wearing a hoodie, hands sweater pawed and he smiles at me. 

I look to Zayn who rolls his eyes. "You had all day to get ready." He shakes his head, pointing to the door before opening it, letting us all go first before he locks it shut behind him. 

"So what is it that we do? I've never done one of these before," I ask when we walk out the block of flats into the nippy day. The sun may be shining but there is still a chill in the air. The trees are turning from green to yellow and orange and I love the colour autumn brings. 

Louis laces his arm through Marie's and my instant thought is that they're a couple, especially with their bickering earlier, it makes sense. 

"We just go around the different stalls to see which ones we'd like and apply to the clubs we want," Louis replies, flashing me a smile from behind his shoulder.

I smile back, noticing how very cheery he is.

"Louis, Zaynie, Mars bar!" An Irish voice screams and we all stop and turn to see a guy waving cheerfully, wearing a black beanie with a few clumps of blond hair poking out the front. He begins zipping up his jumper as he runs, smiling widely. 

Okay, maybe he's more cheery than Louis with the way his cheeks look like they must be aching with how big his straight teeth smile is. 

"Who's the newbie?" He asks, pointing to me. 

"Ask him and find out," Marie replies, shaking her head.

"Where's Liam?" Louis replies.

"He's already at the fayre, I needed to change, I got cold. Hi, I'm Niall." He slaps me on the shoulder in a friendly gesture and I smile his way, his cornflour eyes piercing yet kind.

"Harry."

"Harry," He echoes, deepening his voice. "I can tell I already like you, you have a deep voice, how old are you?"

"Twenty," I reply.

He nods. "I'm twenty one."

"Aw, is Harold the baby of the group?" Louis asks with a playful pout.

Zayn looks up in thought for a moment but nods shortly after. "I guess so. We have to protect the baby at all cost," He teases, grabbing my head protectively pinning it to his chest.

I dust slightly pink, looking down to my shoes whilst we walk. 

"Baby gone shy," Anne-Marie says, pouting at me. "No need to be shy around us, H, we always take the piss out of each other and I've only known these lot for two days."