Seven

What on earth am I meant to wear to a karaoke night? 

I chew at my thumbnail, looking into my open wardrobe but nothing is calling out to me. If I wear a jumper, I might get too hot but a tshirt, I might get too cold when walking there.

I grumble under my breath, breathing heavily through my nose. Getting ready to go places, as well as simply going makes me feel anxious. It's fucking annoying, I just want the anxiety to piss off. 

My door opens and blond hair fills the door. He grins at me, walking in and diving onto my bed, belly down. 

"Hello! You struggling in here?" Niall asks, motioning with his head over toward the wardrobe and he begins flipping through the book on my bed, legs propped in the air, feet kicking. 

"Yeah. I don't know what to wear. What are you wearing?" I ask, looking over to him.

He rolls onto his side and motions to his outfit. It's a black top with an open red checkered shirt over the top and black ripped skinny jeans. 

I nod, looking back over to my wardrobe. "I just... I don't know."

He groans as he gets up, coming over and looking through my clothes. "You can keep your jeans on, mate, don't think you need to change those. But you might get a bit warm in that jumper of yours. He bites his lip, pulling out a black shirt with checkered design on it too, so faint you can barely see it. "Wear that."

I nod, taking off my jumper and slipping the shirt on. I button it to the top and Niall tilts his head, standing back to look. He shakes his head, coming over and unbuttoning the first few buttons until you can see my bare chest. I feel slightly self conscious but he's grinning like the Cheshire cat.

"Sexy mother fucker. You'll have all the girls and all the gay guys swooning over you. Heck, I'm swooning over you and I'm as straight as a ruler," He says with a cackle after.

I snort at that, shaking my head. We walk out my room after I pocket my phone, going out to where Liam, Zayn and Louis are in the front room, Liam and Zayn doing... I don't know what they're doing. 

"No, you've gotta straighten your legs more," Liam says with a shake of his head. He grabs Zayn's legs when he pushes himself off the floor with his hands into a handstand, Liam holding them up straight. "You got it? Should I let go?"

"Wait," Zayn strains out, shifting his hands slightly. "Okay, you can let go."

Liam lets go but Zayn's legs fall slightly and Liam is back to pulling them upright again.

"Why are you doing handstands?" Niall asks whilst we stand in the door way, Louis slouched on the sofa with a half empty beer in his hand. 

"Because Zayn was saying how he can't master it," Liam replies.

"Is handstands a part of lacrosse?" I ask with a grin. 

Louis giggles and Liam shakes his head. Zayn falls back down to the floor and Liam shows his perfect handstand.

"I can do better than that," Niall says, pushing them both out the way whilst I go to perch on the sofa armrest.

He has his arms in the air before putting them on the floor, lifting his legs up but they don't even go half way up before he's crashing down on the floor with a thud. 

I cover my mouth with my hand to stop the laughter bubbly out whilst Louis is full on laughing alongside Liam. Zayn chuckles, helping Niall up who's a little red in the face but grinning.

"What the hell do boys get up to in their spare time?" Marie says, coming into the room. She has her hair styled into a high ponytail that swings whenever she moves.