Sixteen

Ziiiip.

"Can't you just come to mine? You could just sit in my suitcase, no one will know!" Louis exasperates falsely, his hands in his hoodie pocket. 

I roll my eyes, turning around on my heel to look at him. He stares up at me through his charcoal eyelashes, they brush against his slight pink cheeks whenever he blinks and the autumn sun glinting through the window, shines his face in a gold tone, his lips looking redder like roses. 

"Lou..." I say, raising an eyebrow. "One, I won't be able to fit in that case and two, I want to see my mum. I need to be with her, to see if she's okay. I'm not okay, how do you think she feels being all alone?" A sharp spark of anxiety shoots through me like a strike of lightning and I almost lose my balance. I lean my knees against the bed whilst I grab the bag I've just packed with a few items of clothing for the next week.

He sighs, plodding into the room and thumping his forehead against my shoulder from where I'm bent down ever so slightly. "I could fit in your bag, I can fit in that, I can come to yours!"

I shake my head, bringing my arm round to wrap around him. "You're such a needy roommate. I wouldn't put it past you that you could fit in this bag, Lou. But you're not coming with me and that's final, you have to see your family too."

"Sorry, mother." He rolls his eyes, wrapping his arm around my waist. He kisses my shoulder, frowning like a freaking sad puppy. 

I ruffle his fluffy hair, making it stick up like it does in the morning. You know, small, silly hedgehog and all. "You're so pushy. It's only a week, a few weeks ago, you never even knew me."

He nods, hair rustling against the knit of my red jumper. "I know but I'm still gonna miss you. And Marie. Argh, this is why I hate making new friends, I always miss them when they have to leave me behind."

My brows crease, pout on my lips. "Lou, I ain't leaving you. I'm just going back for the holiday. I'll be back in a week and you're leaving too so it's not that bad. You have Z, Ni and Li there with you so you won't be lonely."

He makes a noise in his throat. "You have a point. Who you meeting when you get home? Any mates?"

I shrug. "Dunno, might meet Jake but he might be busy."

My phone buzzes and I pluck it up from the bedside table, it sticks a little with the silicone case because I spilt a Coke on the table last night and didn't have the motivation to mop it up much. 

I kiss his temple, slinging the bag over my shoulder. "Mum's outside, I got to go now."

And instead of just slipping from my grasp and going to grab his own bag to leave. Louis fucking decides to jump up to sit on my hip, wrapping his legs around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder.

"Not yet, Hazzabear! You haven't had breakfast yet and you'll get hungry and then you might pass out before you get home because of having no sugar in you and then I'll be sad if I founded that out." I hold him by the waist, bringing my other hand up to his mouth, shoving my index finger to his warm lips.

"Louis. Stop rambling, I'm going, you're going, you can't miss me that much. God, I thought you weren't a needy person with all the people you've fucked and just tossed away." And okay, that wasn't the nicest thing to say.

He slides down my leg, setting on the floor and brings his top lip between his lips. "Okay," He whispers. "Sorry." He clears his throat. "I'm gonna go grab my bag." He shoves two thumbs behind him and walks backward for a moment before turning around and walking out the room.