Twenty Seven

We haven't seen or heard from Niall for two days now.

When Zayn went to find him after he ran out the house, he never found him. He wasn't in his and Liam's dorm, nor was he in the library. He wasn't in the abandoned toilets where the 'cool kids' go to smoke their weed, and he wasn't hiding out in the drama studio.

So he's completely MIA.

It's getting me slightly worried, as his friend, I didn't expect this from him. I've called him thirty six times today and texted him forty nine times, it's not even noon yet.

"Chin up, love," Louis mumbles into my neck as he wraps his arms around my waist, burying his head into the crook of my neck, kissing me there.

I stare into the batter mix, whisking the eggs and flour until the air bubbles begin to foam and pop.

Louis grabs my wrist gently, stopping me from whisking anymore. "Hey." He turns me around, wedging himself between my legs. He tucks a curl behind my ear. "Harry, everything is going to be okay."

I turn my head away, chewing at my lip. "I'm just worried," I admit. "I didn't think Niall would disappear like this. What if he's stuck, what if he's in danger? What if he's fallen into a ditch or the river?" My breathing gets a little eratic at the thoughts, and Louis slaps his hand over my mouth to silence me.

"Shut up, Haz," he says firmly. "I've known Niall for over ten fuckin' years, and trust me when I say he can be an overdramtic little shit sometimes. One time when we were thirteen, he ran off from his parents house because his brother stole his guitar, and his mum told him to be quiet. He thought everyone was against him. He was gone for ten hours before his mum got worried and called the police. They found him hiding in the tunnel slide at the park."

I give a weak smile at that, seeing as Louis has a cocky grin on his face. He bops my nose with the pad of his finger. I gently shove the finger into my mouth and he squirms, blush coating his cheeks, he takes his finger back.

"So, Sunshine, don't worry too much, okay? He's just being overdramatic, is all."

I shake my head. "I don't think so. I mean, come on, if you kissed Zayn after figuring out you like guys, you'd run away too, right?" I ask, chewing at my nail.

Louis pries my finger from my teeth and shakes his head. "No, I didn't."

I quirk a brow and he smiles.

"Yeah, I kissed him after I figured I was gay." He shrugs. "Kissed Liam too at one point, but that was a dare. Both pretty good kissers but not my cuppa."

I roll my eyes. "You're unbelievable. Have you kissed every guy on campus?"

Louis shakes his head. "Every guy in Woking perhaps but not campus."

I groan, turning around and dumping the mix into the pan. It begins to sizzle and bubble.

Louis rests his chin on my shoulder. "Is it supposed to do that?"

I nod, pressing the spatula down on the top, the liquid trickling off the spatula and splashing back into the pan. I chew at my lip, watching the pancake cook, feeling Louis' presence pressed against me like an anchor keeping me from drifting.

I sigh. "Niall never misses his pancakes. He always comes early for first dibs," I mutter, flipping the pancake over to see the golden side.

Louis' grubby little finger (not really grubby, he's just had a shower and he's all soft, clean smelling and very much pretty) finds its way around my arm and picks at a bit of broken off pancake, the crispy crumb almost flying from his fingers when I slap his hand with the spatula. He quickly shovels the crumb into his mouth with a giggle.