Five

First lesson was okay. 

I mean, sure, we have to finish this book by Thursday and it's a whole three hundred page book and slightly (very much) boring as fuck but, I mean, it could be worse, I guess. The teacher's nice, her name's Rebecca but she told us to call her Becky. She's very laid back and swore a lot so I guess that's where that rule gets put to rest. 

I'm in the Co-op, needing to buy one, something for dinner and two, I feel like I need to get something for Louis as a sorry. 

I toss some pasta into the basket, grabbing a pot of tomato sauce as it saves me making it from scratch. I decide on some spinach and buy some more fruit for the morning. I find some orange juice too as Niall drank all of mine last time with Louis, without fucking asking which I found was rude but I guess it's something they've done before so.

I go down the cereal aisle and spot the Coco pops. Now, I remember Louis getting quite annoyed with Zayn for him eating it so I'm only assuming he lives off of the stuff. I pop the cereal into the basket but I feel like it's not enough. I go down one aisle with a few stationary items and spot a pen and notebook set. It's very cute, if I do say so myself.

It's baby blue with a few unicorns displayed on the bottom, in the air, a rainbow and there's a rainbow pen too. It looks like something Louis would secretly love. He has this whole demeanour about him that gives off black and grey tones, like the way he dresses but I feel like deep down, there's something softer in him that would enjoy pink glitter and boas. I like pink glitter and boas but I've been too afraid to show that to anyone, really. 

So I toss it into the basket before I can overthink this shit and go to pay. 

The walk back is slow. The air is turning cooler and I didn't bring a coat earlier because we were rushing out the house. I can feel my hands turn slightly cold and goosebumps form up my arms. I look up at the trees peppering the pavement before the road, leaves turning from green to orange and reds, some already coiling in on themselves, turning brown and crispy before snapping off the branch and flitter down to the ground where they'll be whisked away by the breeze. 

One falls onto my shoulder and I pick it up, twirling it between my forefinger and thumb. I wonder how much stuff it's seen throughout it's months on that tree. How many people it saw pass and the secrets it holds. 

I press the code into the block of flat's door and it opens, allowing my inside. I walk slowly up the steps, suddenly feeling very exhausted.

I could do with a bloody nap.

I fumble for my keys to find the door is already unlocked, meaning someone's home. I push it open, kicking off my shoes and allowing the warmth from the heaters to chase the cold away. I go into the kitchen, unpacking my little products into their rightful places. 

I pull out the coco pops and the notebook, chewing at my bottom lip. Do I, or do I not give it to him? Do I leave it on his bed for him to come home to as a surprise or wait for him to walk through the door and hand it to him? 

God why am I feeling so nervous? 

"You alright?" Someone says from behind me, startling me. I jump, swiveling around, heart hammering. 

I look down slightly into his ocean blues eyes, suddenly feeling more nervous now. I simply nod, looking down at the objects in my hand and back up toward him. 

"What's that you got?" He asks, motioning with his chin down toward them.

I hold them out for him and he tentatively takes them, brows furrowing.

"They're for you. I saw them and I know you needed coco pops and I found the unicorns cute." I shrug casually.

He looks up at me, mouth pulled down into a frown and damn it, did I do something wrong?