18

(1762 words)
I lay on my bed overheating, wanting to go back to sleep but was unable because I was way too sweaty. I *hypothetically* could have moved, and turned on my fan to bask in the refreshing, cool air it would bring, but Calvin's arms and legs were wrapped around me, his breathing steady and soft while he slept.

We'd stayed up late together the night before, talking about nothing and eating anything and snuggling up, only for me to partially regret it as I melted in my own sheets. He was like a space heater. I didn't want to wake him up, so instead I softly stroked his hair and felt the way his chest rose and fell.

I glanced at my clock, it was around 6 am. He would need to leave soon so no one knew he slept over, or else we would have a hell of a time explaining it to a very smug Ally. I'd never had to sneak a partner past my parents when I was younger, they were too busy in their own worlds to notice what I was doing, so I supposed I should thank Ally for giving me that experience now.

"Hey, Cally, love, wake up please." I gently nuzzled his head and whispered.

"Mmmmmm..." he hummed back, not fully conscious yet.

"It's 6am, you may wanna leave soon," I said, no longer whispering but speaking in a low, raspy morning voice.

"Noooo...." Calvin squeezed me tighter and inhaled deeply, breathing in the early morning air. "We can just tell everyone I sleep walked into your bed."

I chuckled at his groggy resolution to stay in bed, but could feel beads of sweat forming all over my body.

"Up now?" I asked sweetly, "I need to shower."

"Uggghhhh, I can't believe you don't love me enough to let me stay here."

"Oh please, you know that's not why you need to go, I love you so incredibly much."

"Let's just tell them now. Better yet I'll just sweep you into a passionate kiss in front of them, that'll get the message across." Will said, and pulled away from me to sit up and stretch. The absence of his arms let the cooler air hit my skin, a welcome chill ran down my spine.

"That would be funny but you'd never do that," I kissed his forehead.

"Yeah I would, you just watch." He responded, laughing to himself, giddy and punchy with morning exhaustion, amused with absolutely nothing at all. "Or maybe we can just tell them."

"How about you just give me a kiss now?" I suggested leaning towards him again.

"I'll allow it," Cal cupped my face and kissed me gently, and I loved him so much I didn't even care that the contact made me hot again.

Our lips were still pressed together when my doorknob rattled, and the door creaked open and away from the wooden frame. As quick as we could, but all too late, we jumped apart, and sat awkwardly next to each other in my bed as Jake entered the room.

"Oh... hey Calvin. I- I thought I heard voices and I was gonna check on Ash cause she normally isn't awake." He said.

"Oh, thanks, Jake," I said.

"Morning Jake," Cal coughed out.

He stood in the doorway, looking between the two of us in our varying states of undress, clearly having just separated and the both of us now wearing matching bright red expressions.