01

Sage's POV:

The younger warriors are slowly getting stronger, and I am so proud of them. They have all come so far from hesitant growls when ordered to fight each other and have all been taught to utilize their abilities based on their biological status in order to best fight their opponent.

For example, my Omega soldiers are quick and since they tend to be leaner and built smaller, they know how to use the strength of their opponent against them in order to find the vulnerable spots on their body. As an Omega myself, I have mastered this technique and it's refreshing to see my fellow Omegas doing the same. Other packs don't know how to utilize the hidden strength of an Omega and often ban them from fighting, but mine utilizes them.

We didn't in the past, but my mother, our current Alpha, decided that we needed to have everyone capable of fighting. Those who don't want to be full time warriors are still required to attend one training session a month starting at age seven in order to have the ability to protect themselves so if there were to be an attack, they could hold off an attacker until they were backed up by a warrior.

I watch a young Omega taunt one of the Betas and easily avoid her claws as the Beta tries to catch her. The Beta growls with malice, but the Omega is quicker and dodges her jaws, sliding underneath the Beta and biting her stomach. The Beta sighs and rolls on her back, showing that the Omega won and that she is acknowledging it.

That's how our training fights go; we don't want to maim each other, so even if true injuries are sustained, we don't ever bite with the intent to harm near the stomach or neck.

They both shift back and the Omega, Brianne, pulls on her shorts and sweatshirt, skipping around the irritated Beta.

"Oh goddess, stop gloating," the Beta, Cyndi, grumbles, ruffling Brianne's mousy brown hair. "You are insatiable."

I smile at the pair; the two are mates, and it is fairly new, as I know Brianne just turned seventeen.

"Then stop holding back," Brianne shoots back, picking up her water bottle and taking a long drink. "I'm not trying to beat you every time, but you're making it too easy."

Cyndi catches me watching them and sighs. "I'm sorry, I'll work harder," she mumbles. "Good morning, Alpha."

"Future Alpha," I correct her, as my mother is still very much in control of the pack. "And it's alright to be hesitant right now, Cyndi. You're new mates and you don't want to hurt her, but I have worked with Brianne and trained her myself. I promise she's difficult to catch and cause any harm to."

Cyndi relaxes a bit. "Thank you, Sage," she says, and Brianne is grinning at my approval of her mate's fighting.

"Alright!" I call, getting the training group's attention. "You're all dismissed for lunch and to go about the rest of your day. Those of you whom I have spoken with already about training with the pups afterwards are to be back here in an hour."

They all begin to leave or complete their fights before shifting back and dressing up. My closest friend, Zach, sits beside me in the clearing where we train after he's changed back.

"You're working them hard, Alpha," he says, mocking me with my future title.

I scoff and shove his shoulder. "I still have a few years before mom steps down and I have to take over, so hold off on the title, alright?"

"Okay, no need to scold me," he says, but there's still a wide grin on his face. "I'm so excited to train the babies. They're so little!"

Zach is an Alpha, but he definitely gives off a more traditional Omega vibe, not that anyone really pays much mind to traditional roles here. He's lucky to be in this pack because in another one, he would most likely be expected to be a warrior and leave his mate and pups at home, but he doesn't really want that.