11

Sage's POV:

The leaves have all fallen and it's getting colder much quicker. When it gets like this, we have a festival to celebrate another successful year before we have Christmas, and it's a lucky coincidence that our pack was founded in the late fall so it's a double celebration.

Ashton has been with my pack for two months now, and he's growing more and more by the day. He's become more affectionate and comfortable around me, and his skills as a warrior are growing. In fact, we had a practice fight the other day, and he was able to get two punches in on me before he started panicking and apologizing.

That's great progress for him, and I couldn't be prouder of him.

He's never been to a festival; most of the new pack members haven't been to one before, and the ones who have don't remember much because they occurred when they were young in their packs where they were taken from.

That's why my mom and dad have decided this year's will be the best one and everyone is super excited and planning everything so it goes smoothly. It's just a big meal together before everyone goes home and has their own celebrations, but it's going to bring us all closer together as a pack and a growing family.

Ashton is training right now with Owen, as they've become fighting partners since they're at the same place. Since my match with Zach ended a while ago (he got lucky and got an extra hit on me and managed to pin me), we're sitting and watching our mates fight.

"Ashton is definitely going to win," I say to Zach, making him chuckle and shake his head.

"Nope, I've trained Owen well."

"Rolling around on the bed naked isn't training."

Zach laughs aloud. "We usually discuss techniques between rounds," he says proudly, making me fake gag and shove his shoulder.

Ashton is only wearing shorts and the sun has made a rare appearance, so the sweat dripping down his body is glistening. He's so attractive and he's become so much more comfortable in his own body around others, whereas a month ago he was still too nervous.

"Stop thirsting over him," Zach says, snickering. "You're supposed to be studying technique to correct him, aren't you?"

I growl. "I'm the head warrior for a reason, asshole. I can thirst over my mate and study his technique at the same time."

"Hmm... Owen's technique here is a bit behind how skillful he is in bed... what about Ashton?"

"I wouldn't know," I deadpan. "Not that I'm trying to rush anything. He's slowly getting more comfortable, but he's still nervous that he's going to accidentally hurt me."

Zach hums. "Owen's sort of similar, but he's more panicky and responds as if he's going to be hurt, and I'm pretty sure it's because I'm an Alpha. It makes me a little sad sometimes because I don't want him to be afraid, but he's starting to adjust."

I suddenly hear a joyful yelp and see that Ashton has successfully tackled and pinned Owen, therefore winning the fight. He runs over to me and hugs me, getting his sweat all over me and making me shriek.

"You're all sweaty!" I screech, but he doesn't let go.

"Did you see me, Sage?! I kicked Owen's ass into the dirt!" he exclaims, lifting me into the air and jumping around in a circle. "Goddess, I'm amazing."

I love when he gets cocky and confident like this. Usually he's very shy and doesn't get cocky, so when he does, it's super cute and kind of funny.

"Oh, the absolute best," I agree, sliding out of his grip. "But now you need to shower because you're gross and sweaty."

Ashton hums and wraps his arm around my shoulder. "Well, now you're sweaty, too. Ha."