35

Sage's POV:

I am excited to have pups, don't get me wrong, but goddess, I need these brats out of me! It's been four months, so I'm theoretically two months from popping, but I just want it to be over. All I feel like doing is lounging around the pack house, scenting my mate, and having sex.

None of which are super productive when I'm supposed to be the Alpha of the pack. I'll never get over how thankful I am for my wonderful mate... he's been amazing, taking over for me and keeping the pack going even though he's anxious he's going to make a mistake.

I know he'll continue to do wonderful, and once the pups are born, things will be way more fifty-fifty, with Ashton watching the pups for the most part while I do my job. Male Omegas don't produce as much milk as females, so they'll have a mix of me and formula feeding that we import from the city.

Thanks to Aspen and Noah, we've gotten more access to imports than we previously had, so my babies won't be too small, as it's often a risk with male Omega pups. They can be really small and underfed, but with the extra imports, mine will be okay. The only reason we imported in the past was for the pups and for limited technology, like televisions and landlines, but they are way far ahead with tech in the city.

I feel movement in my belly, since they've been kicking a lot lately, and it makes me groan. It's not necessarily painful, but it is exhausting to deal with because there is a definite ache and it just makes me feel weird.

Ashton has been massaging my belly with lotion that Evelyn gave him to soothe some of the cramps, but he's doing his stupid job right now.

Which is technically my job, but whatever.

There's a movie playing on the small television in our room, but Charlie and Owen are the only two really paying attention. Even Owen's two pups are playing with building blocks on the floor, much more relaxed now that they've spent more time in the pack house with Alphas, Betas, and Omegas alike.

"Daddy," Wyatt, one of the pups, whispers grabbing Owen's hand. "I'm hungry."

Owen lifts his baby up and tosses him in the air before catching him, making the boy shriek. "Looks like we need to feed you then, huh? What're you hungry for?"

"Ice cream," Eliza, the other pup, deadpans from where she's building with the little wooden blocks.

"Ice cream is for after lunch," Owen responds. "If you eat all of your food."

"Why does Sage get ice cream without eating lunch?" Wyatt pouts because, yes, I'm a terrible role model for children.

I'm going to be such a great dad.

"Because he's an adult and he can make his own bad decisions. Your dad and I want to teach you two to make good decisions."

"Don't talk to the Alpha that way," I comment without any energy because I don't feel like sitting up to glare at Owen. "Disrespectful."

Owen scoffs from the kitchen. "You're on maternity leave so you're not the Alpha right now."

I roll my eyes and tilt my head further back to look at Charlie. "He's just mad that his kids know ice cream is healthier than real food."

"See, daddy?! Sage said we can eat ice cream!" Eliza yells, getting up and running to the kitchen.

I cackle.

"He's glaring daggers at you," Charlie informs me. "Like, if looks could kill, you'd be past tense."

Gee, thanks for the description Charlie, but I'm sure I could've guessed that all on my own. Contrary to what everyone thinks, I can still do some things by myself and I'm not completely useless. It's annoying that I'm not as helpful as I want to be, but my babies are my priority.