24

Ashton's POV:

"I was thinking Crystal for one of them," Nolan says, sitting next to me on the couch. "Charlie doesn't like it, but I want one of the names to start with a C and the other with an N."

I grimace. "Crystal sounds like a stripper, Nolan."

"To each their own," Nolan replies, taking a sip of his water. "He ultimately gets to choose the names though, so we're probably not going with it."

"Thank goddess he gets to choose!" I exclaim. "No offense Nolan, but you did not get blessed with good naming abilities!"

Nolan flicks my ear with a soft laugh.

Over the past two days, myself and Nolan have gotten really close. Both of us are missing our mates and we're taking a rare break from helping to reconstruct the pack while Alpha Hazel and Alpha Bay complete their plans to ambush my old pack.

The planning has taken a two days because Hazel needed to set up patrol for our pack before she left with Alder and some of her warriors. As soon as she got here, Hazel began to discuss a plan with Bay; I know she cares deeply for Charlie, but her primary panic roots from fear for her son.

She's not the only one panicking over Sage's fate.

Reid has been locked up and will only be released to lead us. He's been told that he'll be killed if he tries to alert the other pack of our arrival and Nolan and I have visited him every day just to intimidate him and scare him.

I don't care if it's mean; I want him to feel as miserable as possible because I hate him. I have never felt true hatred for anyone except for the Alpha in charge of my old pack, as well as his buddies. Even then, my feeling wasn't true hatred because I was conditioned into it; however, having my mate torn away from me is heart breaking and I am livid that someone would intentionally assist them in taking a mate away.

Especially since Reid's motivation was apparently to protect his own.

How could he do this to us?

Charlie comforted Reid when he arrive; Nolan cooked with the brat and both Zach and Owen became friends with him. Sage was kind to him as well and made sure he felt welcomed! However, the whole time that young Alpha had an ulterior motive and hurt the only people who ever showed him kindness and comfort.

If we didn't need him to show us where the pack and our mates were, Nolan and I would've probably killed him already. I've never wanted to harm anyone before now, not even the Alphas in charge of the old pack. Reid definitely changed my desires and I fantasize about causing him the pain he's caused me.

He knows what happens to Omegas there! He knows what happens to pregnant Omegas!

Nolan has been told what may happen to Charlie and his pups, because it feels wrong to keep that a secret from him, but he's held out hope. His mate is incredibly strong for being so shy, so Nolan has faith that Charlie will be able to keep their babies safe.

I'm hopeful for his sake, but we need to find our mates as soon as possible.

Hazel enters the living room. "Time to go," she says, Alder standing beside her and holding her hand. "Bay has gone to get the prisoner. By the end of tonight, we should have Sage, Charlie, and the kidnapped pups back with us."

Nolan and I jump up and rush to the front yard, meeting with our warriors and some of Bay's. I'm surprised to see Alder is coming with us, as he's not usually a fighter, but from what I've been told, he's swift and powerful.

Just because he doesn't like fighting all that much doesn't mean he's bad, and I know for a fact that missing someone you love can be a strong motivator.