32

Ashton's POV:

"You want me to what?" I ask, gaping at my mate.

"I want you to take over as the leader of the pack for a while once our ceremony is over. My mom is getting ready to leave with Aspen and Noah so I'll be taking over as Alpha, but I can only do so much while I'm pregnant. I'll help as much as I can but if there's a day I don't feel great, I will favor and protect my pups."

Two weeks ago, Hazel announced that she would only be leading our pack until Sage's and my mating ceremony and she could officially pass the reigns to my mate. She doesn't want to continue to lead if she doesn't have to, as it's been an impossible struggle now that her mate is dead.

Of course, Sage was not expecting to lead so soon, but he's been trained well and knows how to lead the pack to success. Hazel will be moving to the city with Aspen and joining his company as a way to escape from the pack life. She'll visit from time to time, but it's too much to live here when her mate's absence fills her mind every day.

"I understand... but you'll advise me and help a bit, right? I have no training, Sage!" I exclaim, panic filling me as I pace our room. "Goddess, that's a terrifying position! I can't lead a pack!"

Sage watches me pace, his hands laying across his still flat belly. "Ash, relax," he says in his soothing tone. "I'll be with you the whole time, I'll just need you to lead a bit and announce training schedules and patrol. You also may need to watch the pups and help me with scheduling meetings and paperwork."

"Okay... I can do that," I say, trying to relax a bit because I don't want to push my pregnant mate too hard and I want to keep him and our babies safe. "You'll have to help me learn."

Sage opens his arms and I crawl on top of him, kissing his lips. "I'll teach you, Ashton, don't worry. Thank you for being such a good mate to me."

"You're my whole world, angel."

"You're mine as well," Sage responds, grinning as he kisses me again and groans into it. "We have to go soon, Ashton."

I hum and pull down his underwear. "We have a little time, love," I respond, kissing his thighs and nipping the flesh. "We're just meeting with Ronaldo... he can wait a bit."

"He'll know why we're late."

"And he'll completely understand when he finds his mate," I respond. "Unless you don't want to, Sage."

He blushes. "Of course I want to!" he exclaims. "You know I'd tell you if I didn't want to do something!"

I sigh in relief because even though I trust my mate to tell me if he's unhappy or doesn't want something, but I still have random spurs of anxiety at times. It's probably the response to my past, but I've grown so much since I met my mate and I'm proud of myself and I know Sage is proud of me.

I lick his inner thighs and the scent of his slick fills the room. It's been happening much more lately because he's apparently much more sensitive when he's pregnant. The scent appeals to me and crawl forward and begin to lick at his hole and make him whine.

Sage's hand reaches down and he grabs my hair, his back arching in pleasure. He's whimpering, the sensitivity definitely much more intense and apparently right now.

I pull away and start to lick his cock, taking the whole thing down my throat in one go. At the same time, I grab my own throbbing member and begin to stroke myself while pleasuring my mate.

He tries to keep his hips still, but I can sense how hard he's fighting not to thrust into my throat. As I take him deeper, Sage's whines get louder and I speed up my own movements, jerkily thrusting into my hand and trying to come at the same time as him.