07

Sage's POV:

The meeting with the Omegas went well, considering we saved them from a pack where they existed to be raped and then forced to miscarry if they ended up pregnant.

Most of them had former packs and some of them had mates, so my mom is getting to work to contact the other packs that the Omegas were taken from so they can send a group to bring them home.

The Eastern Mountain pack has taken the Omegas of theirs who had kidnapped back home, since we don't need the additional warriors. The extra Omegas who had been exiled from their packs and didn't have a home are going to stay with us for now and hopefully they will be able to find their mates in the near future. If not, we will send a warrior with them and send them between packs in order to help them hopefully find their mates.

There are some that aren't seventeen yet so they can't find their mates until they come of age, and it's torturous to know that the poor things were taken and traumatized at such a young age. It hurts even more because they are absolutely terrified of Alphas, especially those that they recognized to come from the other pack. None of them had a choice except for those horrid leaders, but the Alphas we saved will still be taking the blame because they were associated and helped kidnap the Omegas.

When I leave the meeting, I figure that Ashton is still be with Zach; he's too nervous to try to stray off and go somewhere else without me.

It's pretty cute to see my Alpha mate who is definitely capable of growing in strength and challenging many of my pack mates hide behind an Omega. Even though I know I'm capable of defeating anyone in this pack (though there's a few that I'd struggle against) it's still cute.

I know that Alphas possess an instinct to protect their mate, but I think that Ashton relies on me to protect him for the time being. Once he grows a bit in strength and confidence, I'm sure we will be a powerful team.

When I get to the field, I'm shock to see Ethan, a long-time thorn in my side, attacking my mate. Both Zach and Owen are watching the battle, and I know it's a challenge because otherwise Zach would be stepping in. My best friend would never let another Alpha attack my mate unless there was a challenge and Ashton accepted.

I pull off my clothes and shift, shoving Ethan off of my mate and making sure to bite him and draw blood. As soon as I step in and he recognizes me, he backs away. I've beaten Ethan countless times; he doesn't want to fight me and get his ass beat right now because I will make sure he's in pain.

Ashton is limping, a deep cut in his leg and blood all over his fur from smaller cuts.

I shift back and pull on my clothes, glaring at the two idiots in front of me, both of whom are bleeding in some spot on their bodies. "Both of you, follow me at once. We have to go to the doctor to get both of you treated. Zach, you and Owen are coming with us because I want a neutral voice telling me what exactly happened here. Understood?"

The others all nod and I wait for Ashton to shift back so I can check his wounds. They're not horrible and his quick healing should be able to stop some of the bleeding while we head to the doctor, but the cut on his leg will still need to be checked and cleaned.

I couldn't care less about Ethan, but I still look over him to make sure he won't be too injured. I'm only checking because he's a pack mate and it would look bad if I ignored his potential injuries.

Ashton got a pretty good bite on the back of his neck that will need to be checked, but Ethan's injuries are much lighter than Ashton's.

"What happened?" I ask Zach as we walk toward the doctor's building.

Zach has Owen pulled to his side so I can guess they are mates, but that's a later discussion. "We were finished training with the pups and hanging out in the field when Ethan came over. I guess someone spread the news that you found your mate because he was telling Ashton that he wasn't good enough to be your mate and challenged him. He said that his challenge was because Ashton wasn't good enough for you and couldn't lead the pack alongside you and that he'd be a better option. Trust me, both Owen and I were shocked he accepted, but he was livid and they started fighting. I told him not to, but Ashton accepted the challenge and I can't interfere if both accept it."