9. Bad Romance

As if he had been listening on the other side and decided that things were going South, Bruno was quick to knock on the door. In actuality, that really was what he had been doing. Giorno had informed him that just like how Donatello seemed to be enraptured around her, he himself had felt something strange when touching her during the healing process. That was why he asked Bruno to keep an eye on him and stay on guard.

It's not like Bruno was waiting behind the door eavesdropping on him, but considering how things were going, Giorno would have thanked him even if that were the case.

"Giorno, the captain would like to speak to you!" Bruno said cheerfully, entering without knocking. "Would you mind letting me chat with this lovely young lady for a while? It's time I show her the clothes I bought so that she can change. Since you're allergic to clothes from the mall, this won't interest you. So, please go."

If anyone could reassure the woman, it was, without a doubt, Bruno. Giorno doubted that it was even possible for anyone to not fall for his right-hand man's charms. Hence, he left knowing that he could not make the situation worse.

"So, you're a zombie and your boss is a vampire," he heard her say as he left. "Bitch, tell me you also have a werewolf."

Closing the door was a relief, but the plane was unfortunately not as well ventilated. Jolyne's scent was very strong. Of course everyone smelled very strong after several battles in succession, and even more so in Florida. It should have disgusted him... but the effect was the opposite. Joseph Joestar's spilled blood had made him a little hungry, but nowhere near the effect she had. He understood why a beast such as Donatello had lost control like that. For a short while, it seemed like he was going to go crazy when Jolyne disappeared but then he suddenly turned tail and ran away.

The man with the pink hair—Anasui, he believed that the other girl had called him—also seemed to lose his mind when he saw Jolyne disappear. He had even tried to attack Giorno before Requiem knocked him unconscious. He hadn't had enough time to explain much to the other girl, only that he had to take Jolyne away for her own safety, before the Speedwagon agents arrived to retrieve the disc.

The next task had been to get to the hotel, heal the woman, and shower while Bruno went to a nearby shopping center to buy some clothes she could change into when she woke up on the plane. They would ride as soon as Bucciarati returned. It had been a stressful couple of hours.

"Since you're here now, I take it that you've already messed things up," Abbacchio said to him, looking up from his book.

"Your powers of deduction are spot on, detective," Giorno replied with a grunt as he fell in a less graceful way than usual on the seat.

"Fuck you, I only got to patrol," he replied with an acidic smile. "So, it seems to affect you too, huh. Joestar blood gets you acting up like some horny teenager."

"I wish that that was all there was to it, but there's also... hunger. I desire her. I hate feeling like that, like something's taken control of me." He stopped to think about it for a few seconds. "And I think I tried to flirt with her in an absolutely horrible way."

"Boy, you need to get out more when this is all over." Leone closed his book. "And definitely learn to interact with women."

"And you're going to teach me? You?"

"I may be in love with my wonderful boyfriend now, but that does not mean that I did not successfully flirt with women before. Many more than you actually, even in my time of alcoholic disaster." He thought for a few seconds before adding, "You manage to be more scary dressed in Prada than I used to be when I was drunk in a corner. But enough laughing at you, do you think you can hold out well without attacking her?"