37. Averno

Jolyne was quite resolute about how to deal with her ex-boyfriend for the time being. It didn't take more than a sharp blow to the back of the head to knock him unconscious; he was a problem she would deal with later. Now she had some more important matters to deal with, like two brothers who wanted to kill one another. Actually, on second thought, maybe it wasn't such a bad idea after all. Letting Giorno kill Donatello would be the best option. She was on the verge of suggesting this idea when her dad spoke up.

"We should interrogate him for information about Pucci and whatever was up with those biologically incorrect turtles just now," Jotaro said.

"True, we can't kill him just yet," Jolyne said with disadvantageous sigh.

"Dr. Kujo, if you will, I have experience making people talk," Giorno said.

"No offense, Giovanna, but I can't trust you with your brother."

"It's all right, dad. We can trust him." Jolyne put a hand on Giorno's shoulder. "I know I do."

Star Platinum held Donatello while Jotaro adjusted his hat and muttered one of his signature 'yare yare daze'. Giorno shot a grateful look at her. Weather Report looked between them but said nothing. It was Shizuka who cut the silence as she stared at the unconscious Romeo.

"So, blondies, huh?"

"Yeah, blonde like Iulius," Jolyne replied, making Shizuka blush with embarrassment.

Obviously, the Hamon warriors were prepared to deal with vampires, so there was an underground dungeon on the island that was suitable to hold Donatello. She had only seen it once herself before while touring the island. The matter of Donatello's Stand made things a little bit more tricky, but after some discussion, they quickly decided he would be bound at the wrists with silver chains and watched over by someone at all times so that he would have no opportunity to activate his Stand.

Shizuka was tired, but she was feeling much better thanks to Giorno, so she took care of Romeo with the help of Iulius, who came running to the area to offer his help in any way he could. Even though they were practically children, the Hamon training made the two of them much stronger than Romeo, so they took him without any problems. For a second, Shizuka's eyes met Jolyne's, who smiled mischievously at her as she mouthed the word 'blondes', causing Shizuka to quicken her pace.

Jotaro was called over by Lisa Lisa to talk about the wreckage, so only Jolyne was left along with Weather Report and Giorno to transport Donatello to the dungeon. Or rather, she led them while Weather Report dragged Donatello and Giorno trailed behind them, probably so as not to kill him right there.

Despite the age of the dungeon, it was not so different from a police station cell. It had a small bed behind long bars and a tiny ceiling window that allowed the moonlight to pass through into the cell below. The most modern thing about the place was the electrical installation and a small modern urinal.

After Donatello was tied up, Jolyne and Weather Report had a quick whispered conversation with their heads close together. She could feel Giorno's gaze on her from the corner of her eye, but nothing more. Perhaps he had grown accustomed to this habit of Weather Report's along with the way he tiptoed around as though he lived in a continuous state of extreme caution. To Jolyne, there was still so much mystery built around her friend, even compared to the others, but her gut told her he was a good person deep down.

Weather Report nodded to what she said and patted her on the shoulder before exiting the dungeon.

Feeling Giorno's gaze burn with curiosity, she said, "I asked Weather Report to let you talk to this guy alone."