14. Stronger

Sometimes Mista would tell Giorno that he had a great tendency to get mortified and think too much about things. After having mentally repeated the farewell in the hallway a few hundred times, he had to admit that perhaps Mista was right. They might have had a pleasant time, but afterwards...

He had only wanted to remove the leaf from her hair. It really had been his only intention. But then he saw her face, looking like it was waiting for a kiss. Had she been expecting a kiss? Because she sneezed on his face. Maybe she had already been about to. The thought of him looking like a weirdo grabbing her face while she was clearly trying to sneeze horrified him.

It's not like he ever had any other intentions at all. Yup, he was completely sure. The moment where he was close to her certainly had to be a matter of blood. He didn't want to think about it any more.

It didn't matter that watching her cry had been like getting punched. Maybe he would have felt the same around any other Joestar. He got a chill when thinking of possibly feeling the same way about Dr. Kujo. No matter how attractive the man was, the idea of wanting him was simply impossible for Giorno.

Perhaps the blood thing had made him some kind of half-adolescent vampire. When passing through his adolescence, he did not necessarily like the things that turned him on. Okay, she was very pretty and he supposed she was fine, but he knew people who were better. It was a matter of blood, nothing more.

He should focus more on Donatello and less on Jolyne, that's what he should do. End him and allow the girl to return to her life of normalcy, no longer having to worry about monsters like Donatello. Monsters like him.

Although it was early, he knew that Master Mateo would be up by then, so it was no problem to give him a call. Of course, the elderly professor was delighted to be offered a job by the Don de Passione after working for him with Narancia. He said that he would be delighted to start teaching a lovely young lady that very day at mid-morning.

In another part of the mansion, Jolyne slept soundly. She may have had her doubts about what had happened and would have died of shame, but she was truly tired and had never had trouble sleeping. That's why when a maid went to wake her up, she yelled at her to leave while covering her head with a pillow.

She also ignored them the second time they called, but soon after, the sound of a zipper was heard.

"Rise and shine, Jolyne!"

She tried even harder to burrow under the covers. The next thing she knew, there was a tug on the blankets and pillow. "Jolyne, I'll throw you into the shower fully-dressed if you don't get up and eat some of the breakfast we brought you. I'd go shower on my own two feet if I were you."

In less than two hours, she had her first Italian class.

"Class for what...?" Jolyne asked sleepily. She stared at the cup of coffee in her hands as if it would give her more answers than the two who had come to wake her up.

"Italian. You told Giorno that you wanted to learn, right? Well, he called a teacher," Bruno replied as he went to the closet. "Let's see what you'll be wearing today..."

"Woah, woah, stop right there. I told him I'd learn, but not right this morning!" Jolyne whined. "Fuck Giorno, ever heard of asking?"

"'Fuck Giorno, he should have asked' is something I say often too," said Abbacchio. "But it's not like you have much else to do, and honestly, if you make yourself very obnoxious, I'll run out of English vocabulary to insult you. If I insult you in Italian, I want you to be able to understand me."

Her mother had spent years trying to get her ready in time for class. She was sure that if they were to meet each other, her mother would adore Bruno and he would not give her a chance to breathe with his charming bustle. Or maybe she would have rather liked the threat to throw Jolyne in the shower with her pajamas on and the ice water to wake her up.