10. Pink (Freak)

"So basically, she's been kidnapped and forcefully brought to a foreign country because your brother is batshit crazy, yet she managed to make Abba resort to using Moody to find her because she played you like a fool. I love her already. I can't wait to take her shopping." Trish was excited, mentally preparing the route. "We have to buy comfortable clothes, nice ones, a couple of swimsuits, makeup, and of course a ton of sexy underwear. She seems like the type of girl who enjoys lace."

"She does know I'm right here, doesn't she?" Jolyne asked Bruno before addressing Trish directly. "Why're you talking to him like I'm not standing right here?"

"She's poking fun at Giorno. Normally, we don't have many opportunities for it," Bruno explained.

Giorno regretted telling Trish about the attraction he felt for Jolyne every time he got close to her. He was sure the comment about the lingerie was going to hurt him. Mista was on a mission to Russia, but Giorno was sure he would have supported him. Fugo had been reasonably understanding while Trish had asked to see the other woman before starting to match them up.

"Enough about him. Now let's see the new, more interesting company." Trish turned to Jolyne and inspected her from head to toe. "You're pretty. Gorgeous, actually. Come on, girlie, let me show you Rome."

"I'm going to end up hating you," Abbacchio said to her, dressed in a more discreet way. He was a tall man with long hair that was almost pure white and he was adorned in all black, but it was more discreet than normal for him. Not that anyone could say that the two women were too.

"Come on, Abba, I haven't been to Sephora with you in almost a year. It's more fun when you scare the shop assistants and badmouth everything." She looked at Jolyne again. "Besides, you've already done her makeup twice. You can't deny her the experience of going shopping with you."

"Do you remember the plan?" Giorno asked her again.

"God, the old Passione leader was my papa. The new one doesn't have to act like one too," Trish complained. "But yes, Abba will come in case she tries to escape again. Narancia will be tracking the area. In case anything happens, we'll let you know, but we three and the seven elite bodyguards should be able to get the situation under control ourselves."

To Jolyne, she said, "My papa was Diavolo, the previous Don of Passione, but I bet you know what it's like to have a strange family."

"Well, my dad is a marine biologist. I don't think that counts."

"Didn't your papa kill a vampire and wipe out all his allies at the age of 17? I hear he's the president of the Speedwagon Foundation too," the pink-haired woman said.

"Yeah, I guess so, but for most of my life, I thought he was just a plain old marine biologist who traveled a lot." Jolyne's mood fell suddenly. "Will I at least be able to find out if he's recovered?"

"I think Dr. Kujo will soon call in person to give me death threats, so you don't have to worry about it," Giorno replied in a strange attempt to comfort her. "Where is Narancia? He's not usually late."

Narancia was not long in coming. Ever since he had come back to life, meeting new people gave him a little anxiety. He was afraid of them knowing what he really was or having them think he was a monster. Let alone meeting someone who was suffering because of the legacy of a vampire.

Despite his nerves, he managed to greet the newcomer with a huge smile, bumping fists with her.

"Just so you know, I'm not a child. I'm older than you!" he said, pointing accusingly at Jolyne. She only grinned and affirmed.