[3] Blowing This Popsicle Stand

🌹Rosabella🌹

I'm walking across campus with Mal and the other VKs since we have the same class next. I'm chatting with Evie while Mal is off in her own world and Carlos and Jay are ahead of us. "Hi, Jay," I hear multiple females calling to him and I roll my eyes. Total flirt. "Mal!"

I look up and see Jane ahead of us and her eyes are drawn to Carlos. "Hey, Jane." I smile with amusement as she chuckles nervously. "Hey."

"I was wondering...uh..." My eyes widen and I hold my breath, silently cheering him on. Ask her, Carlos, go on. "If you liked the... carrot cake last night?" I sigh and shake my head in disappointment. "I had the pumpkin pie."

"Oh, cool. Um, uh-" Jay comes up and throws his arm around Carlos's shoulders. "Smooth." He leads the white haired boy away and Evie, Mal, and I move forward. "I have an opening for a fitting at 3:00. Who wants it?"

Lonnie rushes up from behind Jane and raises her hand before Jane can speak. "Me!" She and Jane share looks. "Sorry."

"Perfect. I'll take you later," Evie assures her and Lonnie and her walk away to discuss it. "Mal?" The dazed blonde looks back at Fairy Godmother's daughter. "Yes?"

"I hate to keep bugging you, but the decorating committee needs more answers. So, as much as I hate to, um... you know, um..."

"Bug me?" She smiles and nods, looking down at the tablet she's holding. "Right."

"Yeah, Jane, I would love to. I just have to get to class." She turns to walk away only for Jane to motion her to stop. "You know, just nod if you like it." She starts running the stylus across the screen listing things off. "Chair swags. Entry banner. Twinkle lights. Napkin design. Table bunting. And you still haven't picked the party favors yet."

"Honestly, Jane, whatever you think-" Once again Jane cuts her off and I could tell Mal was starting to get a little overwhelmed. "I mean, we can do chains, key charms, pen toppers. I kind of love the pen toppers, but I mean, we can do all three." Suddenly, Mal stiffens up and her eyes flash green causing Jane's eyes to widen in fear.

I place my hand on the blonde's shoulder and the glow eventually fades away. She takes a breath before forcing a smile and looking back at Jane. "I say pen toppers." She smiles hesitantly and fiddles with the tablet stylus. "Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"You won't regret it."

"Okay." Lonnie and Evie come back over with excited expressions. "I can hardly wait to see what your wedding will look like," Lonnie exclaims and Mal barely blinks. "Me, too." Her eyes widen and she looks up at us. "Wait! What?!"

"The Royal Cotillion is like getting engaged to be engaged to be engaged," I explain since I'm a princess and Mal looks like she's panicking. "I knew it!" Evie exclaims and Lonnie nods like its obvious. "Well, everyone knows it."

"I didn't know it! How come nobody told me that? Is my entire life just planned out in front of me-" I smile when I see Ben walking up behind her and wave in greeting. "Hi, Mal." She turns to look up at him. "Hi, Ben," The other girls say at the same time and I shake my head in amusement.

"Oh, oh. Quick moment."

"Uh..." Jane pulls him a little ways away from us and I turn my focus to what Lonnie is talking about. She's going to try and sneak into Swords and Shields practice to prove that she's good enough to be on the team since Ben had to leave when he became king. "Uh... see you later," I hear Ben call to Mal and she nods. "Okay." We leave and head to our next class.

I smile and watch as Briar and Dude play with each other. "How to get out of the friend zone?" I hear Carlos mumble under his breath and turn to stare at him in disbelief. "I see you reading over my shoulder," he says when he notices I'm looking at him.