[22] Searching For The King

🌹Rosabella🌹

We walk through the castle with Mal calling for Ben, but receiving no answer. "Ben! Ugh, he could be asleep anywhere."

"Or turned to stone," Celia adds and Evie covers her mouth with her hand. So not helping. "Ben!" Mal calls as Briar and Dude walk ahead of us, sniffing at the ground. "I got a scent. Very pungent cologne. Easy to track," he calls to us and the ripped curtains behind him catch my eye.

I walk past Dude and grab it, looking at the tears in the fabric. "That's great, Dude." Carlos praises him. "FYI, I give great cuddles too."

"Really? I never had a pet growing up. Well, except for the elk head in Dad's man cave but that wasn't..."

"Hold up," Uma says cutting Gil off and I turn around my eyes widening at the claw marks on the wall. How the hell did I miss those?! I walk over as she gestures to half of the framed map that's on the floor. "What's this?"

"Uh... any chance this was already there, Rosa?" I look at the white haired boy and shake my head. "Not unless Dad turned into the Beast again. I don't think so."

"And follow me," Dude calls to us and takes off with Briar racing ahead cause her legs are longer. "Briar, wait up." I move faster and follow after the two dogs. "Ben!" We open the doors and step inside the room where there are multiple suits of armor all around. "Ben!"

"Stay here, okay?" Evie asks Celia who nods and crosses her arms. Harry whistles quietly and I glance over to see him running his finger over the sword in the armor's hands. "I can feel you looking." My eyes widen and I look away toward Briar. "Good," Jay replies and I sigh in relief.

"Briar, sit," I command and she does what I ask while Celia crouches down beside her, petting her head. "Stay here, girl. Alright?" She barks and licks my face making me smile. "Good girl." I scratch under her chin and press a kiss to her head before standing up. Gil crouches down next to Dude, petting him and then Briar, alternating between them.

I chuckle with amusement. I've missed Gil a lot. He's always so energetic and most of the time never stops smiling. "So you can track, cuddle, and talk. Hey, do you think his puppies would be able to talk too?" Carlos comes over with a grin, patting his shoulder.

"Alright, man. He's taken. You want a dog, adopt a rescue." Dude starts laughing and it still kind of weirds me out that he can talk. I look over at Briar wondering what she would sound like if she could talk. "Talking puppies. That's crazy."

Gil stands up when Celia calls Dude to him. Briar doesn't look away from me and I smile. She's very well trained. "He seems nice." I scratch her head before standing up and following Carlos and Gil further in with Jay and Harry beside us. "I bet you lost some sleep thinking about me on the loose?"

"No. Dragons don't really lose sleep. I wonder what fried octopus tastes like," Mal muses innocently and I shake my head. Here we go again. Uma chuckles, unbothered, and Evie steps in. "Okay. Why do we not do this?"

"We're celebrating our differences," Uma says and I cross my arms. "I believe we're being challenged." I lean forward to look at Harry and see him staring intensely at what's in front of him. "Let's split up and search for Audrey," Uma suggests lifting her hand up to tell Harry to be quiet.

"That makes absolutely no sense. Unless you give me my ember she's gonna spell you." The sound of metal moving makes me look forward and I jump when I see the suit of armor in front of us is moving. "Girls!" Harry shouts and they look at him in confusion. "We have a situation here."

"Do you like a prince, Mal? How about a knight in shining armor? Or knights?" Audrey's voice comes out as the armor lifts up its sword and we begin backing away. Metal moving causes us to look around to see all the suits coming to life.