[27] Break This Down

🌹Rosabella🌹

I stand beside my mother as we wait for Mal and Ben to arrive, looking out over all the smiling happy faces. Like Auradon wasn't almost put to sleep permanently just a couple days ago. "Oh, please try to smile sweetheart. It's a celebration for Mal and your brother."

My mom wraps her arm around me and I rest my hands on the balcony railing, looking across the Auradon Bay at the Isle in the distance. My phone buzzes in my hand and I turn it over so I can glance at the screen. It's a message from... Harry! I open it and read the text.

Not sure if we're back on
texting terms or not, but
I wanted to see how you
were, princess.

I smile down at my screen and quickly text back.

Better now.
Thanks, Harry.

Anytime.

Cheering erupts and I look down to see Ben and Mal coming out from underneath the balcony.

Gotta go, Har.
Text me later.

Nothing could stop me.
TTYL.

I smile, turn my phone off and set it facedown again before clapping along with my parents and the others. I'm wearing a shiny gold dress with thin straps, that ends above my knees and it zips up in the front instead of the back. I've got golden rose earrings with silver leaf accents, my rose vine necklace studded with diamonds, and my wedge sandals.

I fiddle with Harry's ring as I watch my brother and future sister in-law make there way toward the steps that'll lead them up to the balcony. I follow my parents and Fairy Godmother over to a arched doorway on the balcony and wait for them. Once Ben and Mal reach us we smile in greeting.

Dad places his hand on Ben's shoulder and I bow in Mal's direction which she responds to with a curtsy, smiling in amusement. Before the only respect she was given was out of fear and not loyalty. They walk over to stand in front of the balcony while me and my parents move to the side.

I pick up my glass filled with punch as the applause die down. "Lady Mal and I wanna thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today. I couldn't be prouder or happier to call you my Queen." Mal smiles and Dad and Mom share looks with each other. "So..."

Ben raises his glass up in a toast. "Raise your glasses." I lift my glass up along with everyone else. "To our future Queen of Auradon."

"To our Queen of Auradon!" We all call out and I take a sip from my glass as Mal's friends do the same thing they did after Ben proposed. "Speech, your Special-ness," Carlos calls up making me chuckle at his tone. "Speech, Your Fancy One," Jay adds and laughs ripple through the crowd.

Mal chuckles in amusement as Ben hands off his cup to a nearby servant. I set mine down on the balcony rail. Mal looks out at everyone gathered and Ben gazes down at her with such a proud look in his eyes. They really are so cute together. When Mal stays silent her friends share concerned glances.

"I can't." Gasps and murmurs come from the students below us. I stare at her in confusion as Ben gazes at her worriedly. "I can't be Queen of Auradon."

"Mal," Ben mumbles and she turns to look at him. "I can't turn my back on the Isle." My eyes widen and I didn't dare let myself hope because I can't be let down again. I'll just wait and see what she has to say. She turns back to address the crowd.