[26] Getting Some Answers

🌹Rosabella🌹

I sit on my window seat, listening to the fire crackle as I hug my knees. I'm wearing a black button up v-neck knit cardigan sweater, blue t-shirt, jeans, and my black wedged sneakers. My red and brown hair is pulled into a ponytail. I'm looking out my window toward the Isle which seems to become an everyday occurrence.

A bark breaks me from my thoughts and I turn to look at Briar who's resting her two front paws on the seat as she looks up at me. I give her a sad smile and stroke her head. "Not now, Briar. I'll take you for a walk later." She drops her head down onto her paws whimpering.

I turn back to the window after checking the time on my phone. It's getting late and I'm sure I'll be called down for yet another awkward dinner. I sigh and lean against the window, wishing Harry was here.

"I can't erase the time or the place
You said forever and now all the things that I do
Remind me of you
I can't accept that you just forget
All of the times that you promised you'd always be mine
Till the end of time

And another day is gone
Tell me how to carry on
People ask me what I need
But all I want is you and me
Don't you know how good it feels
When you're with me in my dreams
And I don't wanna be awake
Ever since you went away"

I sing as I look down at the ring on my finger as I think about the first time I met Harry. He was intimidating for sure, but the longer I was around him the more I noticed just how gentle he was being with me. I think the moment Harry saved me from drowning was the day I began falling in love with him.

Most VKs would have just let me drown and wouldn't risk injuring themselves to rescue an Auradonian, but Harry did. He cared about what happened to me and he made it clear that hurting me was the last thing on his mind. I sigh and look down at my phone opening it.

"Shadows of love still live in my walls
I want you too much to be just friends
Cause you can't replace
The things that you take
I lost you once, the damage is done
You keep on haunting me
I don't know where I belong
You did me wrong"

Well except for that little stunt he did with Hadley, but doing that didn't just hurt me it also hurt him.

"And another day is gone
Tell me how to carry on
People ask me what I need
But all I want is you and me
Don't you know how good it feels
When you're with me in my dreams
And I don't wanna be awake
Ever since you went away"

I scroll through my gallery until I find some of me and Harry. Which were never taken unless we were completely alone as Harry found the idea a little ridiculous and didn't want to do it in front of other VKs. The first one I took you can see in Harry's eyes that he's a little bored and not putting in a lot of effort but at least he smiled.

Or well smirked. The next few were taken when we had gotten a lot more comfortable around each other so Harry either had his arm wrapped around me and vice versa. Not to mention you can see the amusement in his eyes. I smile at the image, but can't help getting sad thinking about him all the way out there. So close yet so far beyond my reach.

"Why did you go? Left me alone
What should I do with your texts on my phone?
Pictures of us I used to trust
And now it's lost

And another day is gone
Tell me how to carry on
People ask me what I need
But all I want is you and me
Don't you know how good it feels
When you're with me in my dreams
And I don't wanna be awake
Ever since you went away
And another day is gone"