[21] Curses Are Made To Be Broken

☠️Harry☠️

I follow behind at the back of the group with the Core Four at the front. I look down at my phone and attempt to dial Rosa's number. I hold it up to my ear just like the others praying that she answers. As soon as I saw the news in the Chip Shoppe I immediately gathered my pirates together to hatch a plan.

One way or another I was getting off the Isle. I should've known better than to think she'd be safe here. In a whole kingdom surrounded by all these goodie goodies and she still wasn't safe from harm. Auradon is under attack by an AK and normally I'd laugh at the irony, but right now I just want to see Rosa's face.

Growing up I didn't really get attached to other people so I didn't know what it was like to love, to lose, or to miss someone. So when Rosabella left last year and that pain of loss and of missing her hit me it almost drove me more insane. I didn't think it was even possible to miss someone so much, but I do. I miss her.

I seriously wish I could take it all back. Wish instead of ruining the one good thing in my life I had embraced it and just been happy. But no, I had to fuck everything up. I can't just shut up and be happy. I sigh when nothing happens and end the call putting my phone away.

I look around at all the sleeping Auradonians as we continue walking. "They're asleep. Everyone," Evie states the obvious as they too give up on whoever they're calling. "I can't get Ben."

"Or Dizzy or Doug."

"Or Jane. The signal's out."

"Is that Auradon Prep?" Celia asks pointing over at the school and Carlos nods. "Yeah. When everybody wakes up, you're going to love it."

"Yes!" She says and I roll my eyes, running my hand through my hair as I try not to let my panic and fear spiral out of control. It feels like that day she was kidnapped all over again only a thousand times worse. Auradon is a giant place and she could be anywhere.

"Everything is so..."

"Freaky," Jay finishes Gil's sentence as he gazes around at all the bushes and trees. "...green. You have leaves on your trees. And what are those colored things on the bushes?" Jay stares at him in confusion. Three years in Bore-adon and he already forgot just how much the Isle lacks compared to this place.

"Uh... flowers?"

"Flowers are pretty. And cantaloupe!" He exclaims when he looks down into the bowl on the table next to him where two girls are sleeping soundly. He picks up the bowl and brings it to his mouth, tilting his head back and letting the fruit roll into his mouth. "We don't have fresh fruit on the Isle, remember?"

He looks over at Uma before turning his attention back on Gil. I pat the blonde's shoulder as I walk past. "Dude!" Carlos exclaims and I turn to see him walk over to a mangy looking dog wearing a leather vest. I remember its the dog that they tricked us with Fairy Godmother's wand, pretending to cast a spell to make him talk.

"Hey, do you know what happened here?" I walk over to them along with the others, lookin down at him. "Yup. Audrey showed up. She put everybody to sleep. And then some of them she turned to stone."

"What?" Evie asks as loud barking splits the air and suddenly I'm knocked to the ground. I open my eyes and scramble backwards when a snout is shoved into my face. "Briar!" She latches her teeth into my pants pulling on them with all her might. "Hey, hey, get this beast off me before she pulls my pants down!"

Carlos rushes forward and wraps his arm around her neck, carefully pulling her away from me. She barks loudly and growls before whimpering then goes back to barking. "What the hell?!" I scramble back onto my feet and look down at Carlos as he pets and comforts the clearly distraught animal.