[10] Something There

🌹Rosabella🌹

🌹Rosabella🌹

I enter Tiana's café and spot Thea, her daughter, at one of the tables, sipping on something. Opal, Mama Odie's daughter is sitting with her. "My, my, don't you look villainous," Tiana remarks as I stop at the order counter. "You off to see that boy again?" I smile with a light blush on my cheeks.

I come to this café almost every day, but Tiana knows when I'm going to the Isle. Ben's made my visits so random that sometimes even I have a hard time keeping track. It's so that people on the Isle don't get any ideas about trying to escape when I visit. "Don't tease her mother," Thea speaks up and I turn to give her and Opal a wave of greeting which they return.

"Oh, by the way, Opal, your brother says hi."

"Well, tell him to drop dead for me," she retorts as she focuses back on her book. "Now, I don't want to hear that kind of talk from you, Opal. Your older brother may be the Shadow Man, but he's still family. Broke your mother's heart when he took that dark path." Opal goes quiet and I turn back to Tiana.

Whenever I go to the Isle I try to dress for the occasion, but also the VK look is kind of growing on me. As well as a certain pirate. "I swear each time you show more skin before going to the Isle. That boy must be somethin special."

"Tiana!" Despite her being a queen she never forgot about her New Orleans roots and never stopped working for everything she wants. Which is why she still tends to this café instead of hiring someone to do it for her. "What can I get you, Princess?"

"You're delicious beignets, please."

"How many? Your usual?" I nod and she gives me a smile before ringing up my order. "Coming right up." I lean against the counter as I wait. "So, what's so special about this boy?" She calls as she grabs each beignet with tongs, placing them on a small plate.

"Well..." I think back to when the dynamic between us first started to change. It was when Harry saved my life and I could see that underneath all that crazy their was a person that wasn't so bad.

"There was something sweet, and almost kind
But he was mean and he was coarse and unrefined
And now he's dear, and so unsure
I wonder why I didn't see it there before"

Probably because I was too worried from being kidnapped by the very same person I now care about. It's a very complicated relationship.

"She glanced this way, I thought I saw
And when we touched, she didn't shudder at my hook
No, it can't be, I'll just ignore
But then, she's never looked at me that way before"

"New, and a bit alarming
Who'd have ever thought that this could be?
True, that he's no Prince Charming
But there's something in him that I simply didn't see"

Thea: "Well, who'd have thought?"

Tiana: "Well, bless my soul!"

Opal: "Well, who'd have known?"