[14] From Two Different Worlds

🌹Rosabella🌹

"You're serious?" Mal asks me as I lean back against her bed post after telling her everything that happened the other day on the island and how Ben and my parents agreed to give Harry a chance at as normal a life as possible off that godforsaken Island. "You really think it's a good idea to bring him over here? Rosa, you've seen first hand what he's like. He's unstable."

"He's also been traumatized by his father!" I defend and cross my arms making Mal sighs. "Listen, I'm not ignoring the fact that Harry is a very damaged boy, but come on, Rosabella. Even you can't deny that he's a risk to himself and those around him. When he's here it'll take just one thing to set him off. What if he attacks Ben or your parents."

"He won't."

"You can't know that," she tells me gently and I narrow my eyes at her. "And you can't know that he won't! I thought you of all people would understand since you're a VK yourself. When you first got here you were a threat to Auradon."

"I wasn't mentally unstable!" She quickly stops herself from saying anything else and takes a deep breath. "Listen, from what you've told me I agree that he sounds like he's changed, but he's still Captain Hook's son and I'm just telling you to be careful. Don't underestimate a villain. Especially, not one as damaged as Harry."

She sees the look in my eyes and sighs again, getting out of her chair and coming to stand in front of me, placing her hand on my shoulder. "Look, I think it's great that you finally found someone that makes you happy and I'm glad that you make him happy, but you don't know just how hard it is to escape the path forced on us by our villainous parents. Especially, when they're as evil as James Hook is. Changing won't be easy for Harry and if he truly cares about you then he'll at least try to behave, but if not then you might have to accept the fact that you and Harry just aren't meant to be."

I look into her blues eyes filled with concern and nod. "I know, but I believe in Harry. There's good in him, I've seen it. Almost every time I go to visit him I see it. And with Ben planning on bringing more VKs over he won't have to fear leaving anyone behind. I just want to get him as far away from his father's reach as possible. I want him to be as happy as he makes me."

Mal gives me a small smile and her eyes are filled with amusement. "Besides, I don't want him to change. Not completely. After all the charming, sarcastic, pirate is who I fell in love with and I wouldn't want him to go away. Just not break the law as much so he can stay."

"Okay, okay, you've convinced me. So, when is this trial period supposed to happen?"

"In a couple of weeks I still haven't told him. After what happened with Anton Harry said he really need some space and to reflect on what he'd done."

"Well, from what you told me it sounds like the asshat deserved it."

"Yeah, but it's always a little scary seeing Harry so out of control, so... blood thirsty." I shake my head to dispel the memory of Harry beating that boy within an inch of his life. I love Harry and I know he'd never hurt me so there's no reason to be afraid of him. Besides, just like I've seen his merciless side I've also seen his gentle side.

Like that first night in his cabin when he saved me from drowning. His touch was so light and gentle as if I were a precious gem that would shatter if he wasn't careful. That's the side I fell in love with and I know he feels the same. I twist Harry's ring around on my finger as I think about the day he gave this to me.

"Hello, Earth to Rosabella?" I blink and come out of my thoughts as Mal waves her hand in front of my face and smile apologetically. "Yeah?"

"You coming or what?"