[20] Hey Ho Back To The Isle We Go

🐉Mal🐉

I come to a stop on my dirt bike and lift my helmet off, setting it down in between the handle bars. I swing off and rub my hands together before looking down at them, eyes widening when I realize the spell Audrey cast on me is gone! I'm no longer old and wrinkly.

"Hey. I'm me again." I press my hand against my face feeling the smooth and plump skin before grabbing and looking at my hair, sighing when I see it's purple again. "Duh. Evil magic doesn't work here. Kind of the point."

"Whew. Welcome back," Evie says and wraps her arm around my shoulder.

"Thank you," I say with a chuckle. We follow Celia down an alleyway and up to a door with the words Pa Deranje in big block lettering. She knocks rhythmically against the door and dances in place when more rhythmic stomping answers.

She knocks on the door once more and it opens by itself making Celia turn to beam happily at us. We smile and follow her inside. We enter Dr. Facilier's Voodoo Arcade. The young VK races down the steps and calls out to her father. "Daddy!"

"Hey!" He tosses his cane to the kid he was just talking to before rushing over to his daughter. "Here she is." She meets him and throws her arms around him making me and my friends smile. He drops her down next to him and they begin dancing.

"Come on. And... and... ho!" He leans down and taps his cheek, asking for a kiss and she responds by flicking his hat making him laugh. Carlos chuckles and we share amused glances. "Ah, come here ya little rascal." They walk off and we come down the stairs, looking around while Celia goes to get the key to my dad's place.

"Uh. Guys. Come look at this." I look over at Carlos who's sitting down in front of a TV. We walk over and look down at the reporter standing in front of Ben's dad's statue at Auradon Prep. "Alerts of the sleeping spell keep coming in as it spreads throughout Auradon. There are rumors that Sleeping Beauty's daughter, Audrey, is behind the spell."

Yeah, she is. "We're trying to discover who is responsible for these vicious lies, and what villain has perpetrated this evil." Are they serious? Wow. Auradonians man. They really don't want to see the truth unless it's smacking them in the face. The reporter presses down on his earpiece.

"We have an update. It's what? It's moving this way? It is moving this way."

"We have to get back to Auradon," Evie says when the feed is cut off and gets up. "Yeah, I hope Rosa's alright," Jay murmurs and I place my hand on his shoulder making him look at me. "I'm sure she's fine. If Audrey wanted to really hurt people she would have done it by now. This curse can be broken. Now let's go."

He nods and after Celia says goodbye to her dad we make our back up the stairs, through the hallway, and up to the door that opens when we get near it. Carlos and Jay go out first, Evie holding the door when it tries to close behind them. "Wow! Rookie mistake?"

"Hey, handsome," a familiar voice calls and we rush out to see Hadley and Hook's pirates on our bikes, but I don't see Harry. "Get off my bike, Hades," Jay says angrily and she smirks at him while the rest of the VKs take off. "Catch me if you can," she says in a flirty tone as he rushes forward only for her to take off before he can reach her.

"Over the roofs," Jay says tapping Carlos with his hand. "Cut em off."

"Yup," he replies before they take off and Celia tries to follow, but I stop her. "Hey, hey, hey, hey, not you." I pull her back to my side and she nods. "They got this. You and me gotta go find the ember."

"Good timing. It's right about his nap time." We walk through the Isle until we reach a gate that was decorated with debris to look like a skull. Above it in large letters is: GET LOST! "Hey," I say to Celia after she puts the key in and turns it.