Chapter 3

Lily's POV

It's been two months since Ian was born and it's been a week since I gave Ian to a foster family. I wasn't ready to take care of him. I can barely take care of myself. It was the best idea at the time because I wanted him to have a bright future. I couldn't let nannies take care of him because I would feel guilty that he was my child and I wasn't taking care of him myself. 

I haven't been eating. I feel numb to do anything. Letting go of Ian was like having no soul. He was everything to me, he was the only thing that kept me thinking I can fall in love, because I fell in love with him. Right now, I feel like nothing. I felt so empty.

I haven't spoken to anyone because all I've been doing is lying in bed and staring at the ceiling like it's the most interesting thing in the world. I would try to talk but nothing would happen. I felt paralyzed.

Today is different though, I forced myself to get out of bed and take a shower. I watched the water hit my skin but I didn't feel it. 

Once I was finished I looked at myself in mirror and just stared at my pale skin. I looked so skinny.

I got changed into my black chachimommas, grey knitted jumper, and 366 black clasp sneakers.

I looked at the time and it was still 9am. So everyone was still asleep. This is it. I took one last glance at myself and headed out to my red Alfa Romeo 4C. I made sure I was quiet not to wake anyone whilst driving away.

First stop was the hair salon. I got the emo haircut, with the fringe that covers my whole forehead and covers my eyes, but I could still see. I got my hair dyed purple. 

Next was a tattoo and piercing parlor. I got a nose piercing.

Finally, I make my way to my eye doctor and ask for glasses. I got big red dorky glasses. I usually get contacts, but I don't want to make much effort.

I checked the time and it was 3pm. 

I basically had nothing to do. So I went to Starbucks to get a muffin and caramel frap. Coffee no cream. I'm picky but I gotta admit I hate milk.

After I had finished my first proper meal I went to Topshop and bought a lot of clothes. 5 bags of clothing to be exact and obviously shoes.

After everything I got tired and started heading back home.

Once I got there Audrey was already waiting outside of the house. When I parked she got all the bags and started walking to the house,dropping off the clothes in my room.

Once I entered the house Charlotte was in the living room watching Revenge. She heard me walk in and looked up. Her jaw dropped. I'm guessing she noticed my different appearance.

"Hi Lily, cool transformation?" She said more like a question. I nodded and walked upstairs.

Everything I bought was already in my walk in closet. Audrey works fast. I jumped on the bed and groaned of tiredness. Tomorrow I am going back to school. I groaned again. 

I started shutting my eyelids to a dreamless sleep.