Chapter 7

Lily's POV

The drive brought me to a park, where orphans were playing around.

I was walking through the park when I noticed a little baby boy being cradled in one of the teacher's arms.

I went up to the baby and noticed the blue eyes and blond hair.

Ian.

I looked up at the teacher asking if I could hold him.

The teacher gladly handed me Ian.

The next thing I said shocked me.

"Can I adopt him?" I asked the teacher.

"Sure thing, why don't you follow to the orphanage and you can sign some paper work.

I nodded.

***

After all the paperwork was done I drove home with a sleeping Ian in my arms.

I ran into Audrey while I was heading to my room.

"Lily? I thought you were meant to be with Char-" She stopped mid sentence when she noticed Ian in my arms. "Is that Ian?" 

I just nodded. "Can you do me a favor Audrey?" She nodded. "Can you quickly go to the store and buy some baby stuff like clothes and a baby crib? I will use the spare room next to my room for the nursery." She quickly nodded, whilst smiling and ran off.

***

It is currently 6pm and my family still isn't back yet. 

The nursery was ready and Ian is currently sleeping in his crib.

I noticed that I still haven't eaten anything. I went downstairs and there were cookies on the coffee table. I took one and ate it.

I was pretty tired so I headed to bed. Tomorrow is Sunday so I could hang out with Ian.