Chapter 23: 'I Love You'.

"I passed, I passed, I passed

"I passed, I passed, I passed." I exclaimed the moment I got into my dad's car, I just passed my driving test.

You're probably wondering, hey Kayden, what about your broken leg? It healed like three weeks ago, making that two months since all my friends ditched me for college.

I made a couple of realizations since then, one, I really needed my license without Oliver driving me around everywhere, two, I really miss my friends, three, I am in love with Oliver Collins.

You don't need to double read that, I said what I said. Or thought.

I realized that the moment he left my house, I'm just too much of a coward to say it to him.

"Good job, Kayden." Dad smiled broadly.

"I nailed it!" I fist bumped him and he laughed.

"C'mon, kid, I'll let you drive home." We switched places, and I drove with a stupid smile on my face.

Fifteen minutes later, I was sitting in the dining room telling everything to my mom.

"And then, guess what?" I jumped a little, who gave me sugar?

"What?" She asked with a smile.

"I passed! I fucking passed!" I smiled and my mom glared a little at my foul language but she smiled widely when the words registered, she was ecstatic.

"You passed?" She jumped up from her seat.

"I did." I exclaimed and jumped up as well. We did a little happy dance, which made my dad laugh really hard, as you can see, I've gotten really close to them in the past two months, then mom started cooking dinner.

Oh and before you ask, yes I told my mom all of my realizations. I don't have anyone else to rant to, and as I said mom and I have grown closer in the past couple of weeks, she's a good listener too.

Which leads me to right now, I'm laying on my bed, looking through my phone for psychology firms that'll hire me when my phone starts ringing, it's Oliver, it's not strange or anything he usually calls me right after his classes end for the day, but it's never this early in the day.

"Hey, what's up?" I pick up and stare at my nails, which really need to be re-done by the way. I plan on telling my friends about me passing my drivers test when I see them face to face.

"Hey," he sounds a bit off.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask, sitting up.

"Not really." He answered.

"What's wrong, Ollie? Do I need to beat somebody up? Cause I will."

"No," he laughs a little, "It's just, I told you I became captain of the basketball team, right?" He asks and I nod, even though he can't see me, he became captain shortly after returning to college, "Well, I underestimated my classes this year and it's all just piling up, the school work and the team and I miss you..." he trailed off. Heart? Literally jumping out of my chest. I miss him too.

"And I don't want to give up my classes or basketball, I love them both, but it's just so much stress and..." he trailed off again.

"Okay, what are your classes?" I ask.

"Developmental, abnormal and personality psychology." He answers, I studied all of these.

"Alright Ollie, remember how I told you that I have a degree in psychology?" I ask.

"Yes," he answers.

"Well, I studied all of these, I can help you if you want, and you should manage your time around your steady schedule, like your classes and practice, the rest you can fit in around it, okay?" 

"I would love if you could help me, Smalls, can I call you tomorrow night so you can help me?" He asks, I can tell he doesn't want to disturb me.

"Sure, Ollie, and take it easy okay? I don't want your pretty face to be all wrinkled by twenty one." That made him laugh.

"I will, Smalls." I can hear the smile on his face.

"Okay, bye, Ollie, call me if you need me." I smile.

"Okay, bye, I love you." He hung up.

Holy shit.

                              ❣︎❣︎❣︎

Hey, hi, hello.

How are you?

I actually thought I would make Kayden say the big L word first but I guess I didn't.

I am leaving you guys here with this because next chapter is going to be really unexpected and eventful. So see ya when I see ya.

QOTC☟︎

K, love you, bye <3

K, love you, bye <3.