prologue pt 1.

middle school - second year
summer before

Airport

"You guys, I know you're upset. I am too," the young girl told her identical brothers as she held them in a tight hug, all three of them trying to hold back tears. "But everything is going to be okay. You two are strong, and you'll have each other."

"You're the one we're worried about stupid!" Atsumu said as he smacked the back of her head. Osamu saw this and smacked the back of his head. "OW! What was that for Samu!"

"Don't hit Zumi you moron!"

"All three of you stop hitting each other," momma Miya snapped at the three as she saw Kazumi raise her hand to smack both of her brothers. "You're triplets. Love each other."

"You know this is the way we show our love," Zumi told the woman with a smile. "Besides, I have to get all the hits in now, I wont be home until Christmas after all! And even then, it'll only be for a couple of weeks. It's my job as the oldest to keep them in check ma!"

The woman let out a small sigh, but smiled nonetheless. She knew the girl was just keeping strong for her brothers, and it broke her heart. She knew her daughter was more than excited to be studying in America, but she knew she was going to miss home.

"Oh come on Mizuki, let the girl have her fun. Besides, the more energy she gets out now, the more she'll sleep on the plane there. I'd like to hear her complain as little as possible on the long flight there," Shota Miya told his wife as they watched their three children interact with each other for the last time before the flight left. "Come on Kazu, it's time to say goodbye. We have to board soon."

The triplets all looked at each other before Kazumi started to cry. She threw herself onto her brothers and held them tight.

"I'm gona miss you two so much! Take care of each other okay? And help mom around the house. And don't stop playing volleyball. And keep me updated."

"We'll call all the time to check in and I promise to keep you updated on everything," Atsumu told he as he kisses the top of her head, Osamu doing the same on her other side.

"We love you so much. Please be safe," he told her with a small smile.

"I love you guys more," she told them as she pulled away from the hug and took her bag from Samu. "I'll see you at Christmas."

middle school - second year

christmas break

"Whoah so you started skateboarding with some friends? That's so cool Zumi!" Tsumu cheered as we walked to the park. He held my board up in front of him to inspect it. "What are these stickers here for?"

"What stickers?" Samu asked as he peaked over. "Tuna nigiri and and onigiri? Are those supposed to be for us?"

"Yeah, they are! Its both of your favorite foods! That way, I can always have a piece of you guys with me when I skate!" I explained with a grin as I grabbed my board back. I got a little bit of a running start and jumped on. "Watch this cool new trick I finally learned!"

I did an ollie down into the skate pool before jumping up into an indie grab before landing.

"Tada!" I yelled as I held my arms out. Both of the boys' eyes lit up as they started cheering.

"That was so cool Zumi!"

"Yeah do it again!"

"Just you guys wait, one day the two of you will be big huge volleyball stars and I'll be a super awesome skate legend and we'll go down in history as the coolest triplets ever!" I told them with a smile.