7.

kazumi

"Alright skaters, I think this is the moment we've all been waiting for," Brandon spoke to the camera before turning back to me. "The week is almost over, and you asked to join in on this one between events. Are we finally getting that announcement today?"

"Give the people what we want!" Jagger called from where he stood with Reki, Yuto, and Nyjah behind the camera.

"Yeah, I guess I could finally put everyone out of their misery," I joked through my laughs. "I don't know who's been more impatient about it, you or Jagger."

"What can we say? We want to know," Brandon chuckled.

"Well as you may or may not remember, in the first interview you did with me you asked me what my ultimate dream was. Do you remember what my answer was?" I asked. He was quiet for a second.

"If I remember correctly then..." His eye lit up and a grin broke out on his face. "It's finally that time?"

"Indeed it is," I grinned back. "For those of you who don't know or may not remember, in my first-ever interview with B here, I told him that my biggest dream was to start my own skate brand. He also made me promise that if I ever did, I would come back and do an interview with him to announce it," I explained as everyone around us started to piece things together. "I stand here with him today incredibly proud to announce that For the Dreamers will be coming to you guys very soon."

Everyone started clapping and congratulating me, and I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

"That's incredible news Kazumi! What all can you tell us about this brand so far?" Brandon asked from beside me.

"We finalized all of the designs for the first drop last weekend in LA before heading out this way, as well as all of the legal things such as the copyrights and patents and all that fun stuff. We have some killer designs that we can't wait to share with you guys!" I explained.

"Now Kazumi, those of us who have known you for a while now very much know that you can't draw or paint to save your life," Brandon commented between chuckles. "So that leads me to my next question, who's the lucky artist that you've brought on?"

I looked over to Reki and he nodded, face full of determination.

"Well I'm glad you ask. Reki, come over here," I waved the boy over. "This here is Reki, he's the imagination and creator of all the art you'll see on the boards and merch!"

Reki awkwardly waved to the camera as the boys cheered him on from the sidelines.

"Well it's nice to officially meet you Reki. I've seen you hanging around all week but this is the first chance I get to talk with you," Brandon smiled over at him. "Are you a skater yourself? How do you know Zoomie here?"

He looked over at me a little panicked, before turning back to Brandon.

"I can translate for you, just go ahead and answer," I smiled and ruffled his hair. "Rek here is still working on the speaking part of his English, So anything he doesn't feel confident in I can translate for him."

"It's okay, talking with Jagger and some of the other skaters this week has helped a lot," Reki reassured with a smile. "Kazumi met a friend of mine at the olympic trials, Miya Chinen, and basically adopted him as her little brother. When they got back to Okinawa he introduced us, and she adopted me and my best friend as little brothers too."

"Always adopting strays!" Jagger called from his spot off camera, causing me to flip him off behind Reki, and all of us started laughing.

"And I am a skater!" The boy beamed. "I skate all the time back home with my friends, and work at a skate shop in town. It's really awesome to have Kazumi trust me enough to bring me on for something so important to her."