1.

japanese olympic trials - tokyo
2019 - age 24

"Next up, we have Miya."

"Hai," me and a younger boy called out at the same time.

"Oh, I guess I should have been more specific with that one. Kazumi, you're up," the olympic official corrected. I nodded and made my way to the street park. I contemplated for a while on if I wanted to compete street or park, but street has always been more fun and more at home for me.

After the qualifiers, I found the Miya kid.

"Hey! Chinen right?" I asked as I jogged up to him, board under my arm. He looked up, bored expression lighting up a bit.

"Yeah. And you're Kazumi! You were number one in the world for all of you junior career!" He exclaimed. "And even once you hit the adult circuit you've stayed consistently top 10! I've looked up to you since I started skating."

"Oh, well thanks kid! I was planning to head out to the skate park for a bit before my flight, do you wana come along?" I asked as we walked.

"I actually have a flight later too. Where are you heading?" He asked as we entered the park.

"Okinawa! I have some friends out there so now that I'm back in Japan for good, I decided to move to be closer to them for once," I said with a fond smile as I thought of the Cosmo and Wanda look alikes.

"No way, I live in Okinawa too. What a small world," he responded.

"Well it looks like I can add another friend to that list," I said with a smile. "How old are you kid?"

"13," he replied as he dropped down on one of the ramps. "How about you?"

"24, I'll be 25 in October."

We spent an hour or so skating and learning more about each other before we decided to head back go our hotels and meet back up at the airport.

"So I've decided," I started as we waited at a crosswalk. "That you're now going to be my new little brother. We already have the same name, plus we have very similar personalities."

"Cool, I've always wanted an older sister," he said with his usual deadpan expression on his face. "When we get to Okinawa you should come meet my friends. They all skate too, I think you'd get along with them really well. A few of them are around your age too."

"That sounds dope, I'm in," I told him as I ruffled his hair. "This is where we part ways for now little bro, I'll meet you at the airport."

"Ah, how I missed Okinawa," I said with a smile as I exited the airport. I called a taxi and decided to text the boys to pass the time.

the best things come in 3s

The Best: I HAVE ARRIVED TO MY DESTINATION

The Blond: MAKE SURE TO SEND PICTURES OF YOUR NEW PLACE

The Chef: I'm glad you made it safe. Get settled and get some rest, we'll call tomorrow and talk about how the trials went <3

The Best: of course! we can ft tomorrow and i'll do a house tour then tsumu. much love my beautiful boys <3

Once I arrived I thanked the driver and tipped generously. I let out a happy sigh as I walked through the front door and took off my shoes. It wasn't anything wild and crazy, but it was home.