prologue pt 2.

high school - second year

japanese national high school volleyball tournament

"They're gona freak," I told dad with a laugh as we walked into the arena. "They should be in warmups soon right?"

"Yeah, they should be going in any minute now. Where did he say he was going to meet you?" He asked as he held the door open for me.

"He said to meet him near here," I responded as I looked around. My eyes lit up and I let out a screech of excitement as my eyes landed on my middle school best friend. "ARAN!!"

"Whoah! You got tall Zumi!" He observed as he pulled me into a tight hug. "I missed you kid."

"I missed you too," I responded as I pulled away. He looked at my outfit and laughed.

"You know he's going the throw a fit that you're not in his jersey right?" He asked as he pointed to the number 11 on the jersey I wore.

"Well he should have washed his extra jerseys then. It's not my fault Samu actually takes care of his stuff," I said with a smirk. We were talking amongst ourselves when we heard some fangirls mumbling.

"Look at her wearing one of the twins' jerseys. How dare she show up in that. And then the audacity to talk to Aran senapi. Who does that whore think she she?"

I stopped mid sentence and turned to look at dad, who seemed to have heard them as well. I turned back to Aran with a blank look on my face.

"No because I know damn well those groupies didn't just say twins," I thought out loud, a deadly edge to my voice.

"Everyone in the volleyball world calls them the Miya twins. I've corrected reporters a few times, but nobody really seems to care what I say about them. They told me they talked to you about it," Aran said with furrowed eyebrows.

"No. They never said a thing," I said as I shot a deadly glare at the two fangirls, causing them to squeak in fear.

"Did you see her face? She looks just like the twins," one said as they ran away.

"Do you think they have a sister?" The other asked.

"Aran. Take me to my dear sweet brothers would you?" I asked in a sickly sweet tone. Said boy nodded and hooked an arm around my shoulders.

"I'll be up with the cheer squad, come find me once you finish up. Don't hurt them physically, they still need to play in the game today!" Dad called as we started to walk away. We made our way towards one of the practice courts, meeting a few players Aran knew along the way. Once we got there I shook his arm off and kicked the door in, startling the two teams in the room.

"Ma'am this is a private practice you can't be in here," a teammate of the boys tried to tell me.

"Aran. Where are they?" I asked, completely ignoring the captain's words.

"Zumi?" A voice called from across the gym. I looked over and locked eyes with the blond setter, our gray haired brother next to him. A smirk made its way on to my face as I made my way towards the two. Aran was quick to run after me and try to stop me.

"Hey now Zumi, remember what your dad said," he told me as he tried to block my path.

"Dad's not here is he? Now Aran, me dear best friend," I said sweetly as I placed my hand on his cheek. My mood flipped as I glared into his eyes. "Get out of my way."

"Samu, why does she look so mad at us?"

"She's got that look in her eye. She scares me when she has that look."