5.

kazumi

"That plane ride was so long," Reki complained through a yawn as we rolled our suitcases towards the exit to pick up the rental car.

"It's definitely not a short one, that's for sure," I agreed before ruffling his hair. "Welcome to the US kid."

His eye lit up as we stepped out the door, being able to take in his new surroundings for the first time.

"Is it true that they drive on the other side of the road here?" He questioned as we walked along.

"That would be correct. Hold on for a second while I sign the paperwork for the rental, then we can head out and get something to eat."

"Food!" The teenager cheered with a grin on his face. I can't wait to show him some of my favorite places, and people, while we're here.

"Call your mom, let her know that we made it safe," I told him as I walked towards the desk. "I'll be right back."

"So you're really cheating on your mustang huh? How would she feel?" Reki joked as we got into the Camaro.

"You leave Calypso out of this," I pointed at him jokingly. "She can't be everywhere with me at all times, so sometimes we have to settle. They didn't have any other mustangs available for this weekend."

"I still can't believe you named your car," the teen laughed.

"You'll understand once you get your own car, don't worry," I reassured as I handed him my phone. "Text Karou for me and let him know we made it safe so they don't freak out on me please."

"You got it dude," he said with a salute. When he checked my phone he started giggling. "You have a bunch of notifications from a groupchat called 'Ballz in your Face'."

"That would be my old teammates from UCLA," I explain with a laugh of my own. "We set it as that as a joke and it just kind of stuck through the years."

"Do you want me to read it out for you or do you want me to leave it for you when we get there?"

"You should probably leave that one alone, Gods only know what those crazy asses put in that chat, and I'd rather not scar you for life," I joked.

"Heard. Should I text the groupchat that you named the Fairly Odd Parents? I can only assume that's Joe and Cherry since you call them Cosmo and Wanda all the time," he replied.

"That's the one. When you send that one open up the best things come in threes and let the boys know we're here too please."

"And done," he announced proudly as he handed my phone back to me. I placed it in my pocket before thanking him.

"So what are we thinking food wise? Is there anything specific you want to try while we're here?" I asked as we pulled into the driveway. I frowned when I saw two cars in the driveway. He was supposed to be gone for the weekend.

"I really want to try that one place you always tell us about. You know, the chicken one?" He said as he bounced in his seat.

"Ahhh. Chick-fil-a," I said with a fond smile. "We can most definitely stop there. It seems like the house isn't empty this weekend like I thought it would be, so we'll go get something to eat and go check in to a hotel."

As I was pulling out, a blonde woman looking only a couple years older than me came out the house.

"Kazumi love, is that you?" The woman's voice was heard through the windows that were down. My eyes hardened as I turned the music up and flipped her off. I wasn't even to the stop sign at the end of the block when my phone started to ring. I rolled my eyes but answered nonetheless.